Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Looking for old family Sea Skiff

Are you in need of information regarding "the way it was?" Or are you are a walking "who's-who" of Chris-Craft fiberglass boats? Share what you don't know—or do know here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

truenorth01

Looking for old family Sea Skiff

Post by truenorth01 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:16 pm

I am looking for any potential leads as to whereabouts of my Fatherrs old Sea Skiff. He had restored many Sea Skiffs back in the 70's and 80's but this one held a special place with my Brother and I.

The Skiff hull number is SK-18-398. At the time it was sold the hull color was a deep green color and the top decks were white not varnish. The rear bench seat haad been reconfigured with a cut out to accommodate a cooler. The name on the transom was "Pickerel Pal".

The boat was restored in Trenton MI and sold to someone around Lake St. Clair. This was at that time a very complete restoration. If you remember ever seeing this Skiff back in the day or know what boathouse it is hiding in please let me know. I would love to get some photos of it for my Dad.

Thanks for reading!

Mark from Michigan

rgmxk22

Re: Looking for old family Sea Skiff

Post by rgmxk22 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:02 pm

Do you possibly know the registration numbers from when you family owned it? Maybe you have an old photo that shows them. I wonder if the Michigan Department of Watercraft might be able to help if you had the numbers. Maybe they can't or won't give out that kind of info due to privacy rules/laws, but it might be a lead for you if they have any info available.

Ron Michael
72 XK22
Ohio