Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Bottom Seat Cushions for a 56, 17 ft. CC Custom Runabout

Leather, Tolex or Russaloid. Linoleum or black rubber matting. If it's in the cockpit or in the cabin, post your questions and answers here.

Moderators: Don Vogt, Al Benton, Don Ayers

Tom Surface

Bottom Seat Cushions for a 56, 17 ft. CC Custom Runabout

Post by Tom Surface » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:30 pm

My seatbacks are original but the seat cushions are gone. Does anyone have a photo and dimensions of an original seat cushion for the 56, 17 ft. Custom Runabout? Did these have straps on the underside? Was the underside canvas or Naugahyde? My hull card lists Flame Red Naugahyde interior. The Mariners' Museum photo PI1487 shows a glimps of the stern cockpit seat cushions. They have white piping to match the seatbacks. Also photo PI1983N shows the cushions as individual sections as listed on the hull card; 3 fwd. and 3 stern cockpit. Below is one of my original seatbacks. Thanks.

Tom Surface
1956 Chris Craft
Custom Runabout
"JACK the BEAR"
D17-1075, KLC

boatmanscm

Post by boatmanscm » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:52 pm

the cushions in question were actually life preservers and seat cushions . there was three all same size and all vinyl, piping on top and bottom and two looped straps under side also it came with a tag .
Stanley Marshall CUSTOM UPHOLSTER ,
Over 100 boats , @[email protected]

boatmanscm

Post by boatmanscm » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:01 pm

As far as the size of cushions, take the center back width between piping and that is your width ,now take the deepth of cushion board and add 1" for loft, and the sides are what is left over .It has been my experiance that all are square.hope this helps.
Stanley Marshall CUSTOM UPHOLSTER ,
Over 100 boats , @[email protected]