Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

If I gutt it can I roll it over by hand XK-19

Repair, or reconstruction. Gelocat or structural fiberglass. If it's hull related, you'll find it here

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

Bad Ass Boat

If I gutt it can I roll it over by hand XK-19

Post by Bad Ass Boat » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:59 am

I am comming up with a zip on trying to roll over my xk-19 I have to do this to properly spray paint the boat. I have even contacted some rigging companys and there clue less. I have decided to gutt the boat which I was going to do anyway and crib it off the trailer then set it on some tires. Hire some people to help me roll over the boat on some more tires then lift it up and put it on a wooden frame with tires so I can roll it around and get it ready for paint. Once the boat is gutted how much will it weigh? Can I do it with four guys. Second once I get it sprayed how am I going to flip it back over on my rebuilt and painted trailer with out scratching the hell of it? I have been asking for almost a year and nobody can answer my questions. I dont want to damage such a rare boat! Is there anybody out there that can give me some sound advice? Still clue less Roger :?

Tightline5

Post by Tightline5 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:55 am

Clueless, :):):) check out my post under hull construction, they should have posted in hardware and rigging but there's your answer.
Phil Jones

1948 US Plywood Executive Runabout Hull #1 "WeldWood"
1954 Racing Runabout R-496
1957 Deluxe Runabout D-17-2062
"MISBEHAVIN"

Bad Ass Boat

Couldnt find your blog Phil

Post by Bad Ass Boat » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:17 am

Is your blog in the wooden or fiberglass section of the website? Couldnt find it. Thanks Roger

Tightline5

Post by Tightline5 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:52 pm

Roger, it is under Wooden section under hull construction "Boat roll over" works for any boat.
Phil Jones

1948 US Plywood Executive Runabout Hull #1 "WeldWood"
1954 Racing Runabout R-496
1957 Deluxe Runabout D-17-2062
"MISBEHAVIN"

tgbcrazy

painting a xk19 and rolling it over

Post by tgbcrazy » Tue May 19, 2009 4:23 pm

I just had my 1970 xk19 regelcoated. Yes I said regelcoated. My shop turned it over and put it on a dolly. They went thru the exhaust holes with a heavy rope on the back and tied it to a big overhead hoist and took the bracket from the front lifting eye and mounted it on the outside where the eye was and used a hoist conected it to a hoist. They had about 6 guys and very carefully rolled it in midair upside down and let it down on the dolly which was two 2x8's 12 feet long on wheels. he had to make a stand inside the boat and bolted it to the stringers to take any wait off the top side of the boat. You do not want to allow the boat to rest on the dash or the rear of the boat. You may crack one of them. If you can't figure out what I am describing to you please feel free to call me. I am getting the hull out of the shop in 2 weeks and I will start putting it back together and hopefully I will have it in the water by the end of july.

Thanks, Tim 404 556 5906

Bad Ass Boat

Rolling over Continued

Post by Bad Ass Boat » Tue May 19, 2009 11:38 pm

Oh cool another member with a X ! I am on Pacific time Time what time zone are you on. I wouldnt make much brownie points calling at midnight your time. I am in Nevada what state are you . This is really interesting I am very interested in how you rolled this baby over. Thanks Roger

tgbcrazy

roll over xk19

Post by tgbcrazy » Wed May 20, 2009 9:47 am

I am in Atlanta GA. you can give me a call any time before 8pm west coast time.
Thanks,
Tim

Bad Ass Boat

Rolling over

Post by Bad Ass Boat » Wed May 20, 2009 12:06 pm

Sounds good thanks Tim!