Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Commander wiring begins

Your old Chris-Craft electrical system can be a challenge. If it runs on "juice" pose your questions and offer your advice here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

island time

Commander wiring begins

Post by island time » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:50 am

Hi all,
Well weather here in upstate NY is more normal for March/April than February, gray and gloomy day after day with rain and snow and temps hovering above and below the freezing mark. Saw my first robin last week.
I can't continue fiberglass repairs on the Commander with it this cold so this is a good time to start working on the new wiring.
I'm on a first name basis with drivers from every known courier service it seems.
I got my first load of electrical parts last week, another is due here today and I was up until midnight last night making a list of bits and pieces I had forgotten to put in the other orders.
I now have everything I need to get started though, electrical panel, fuse panel, terminal strips, power outlets, circuit breakers, wire etc. etc.
I am anxious to get started, not sure if I want to get into electric or just want something different to work on for a while.
Either way there is never a lack of things to do, just lack of funding :shock: .
As with the fiberglass repairs, when I get things done that show I will post pictures.

Craig
Craig Wilson
Churchville, NY
Alexandria Bay, NY

1968 23' Chris Craft lancer
1971 31' Revelcraft
1988 25' Fourwinns
1972 19' Chris Craft Lancer
1957 18' Chris Craft Sea Skiff
1958 18' Chris Craft Sea Skiff
1968 23' Chris Craft Commander