Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Lancer glove box/dash

If it's in the cockpit or in the cabin, post your questions and answers here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

River man

Lancer glove box/dash

Post by River man » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:48 pm

I am refurbishing my 1977 Lancer and am in need of some advise regarding interior trim. Specifically the veneer on the dash is faded as is the glove box veneer. The wood backing seems sound.
Additionally the plastic trim on the glove box is cracked. Where can I purchase the veneer that is true to the original? And in the case of the glove box would it make more sense to simply replace the door and if so where might I find one?

boatmanscm

Post by boatmanscm » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:48 pm

I belive you can get it from, dealer in auto parts.
used to come on station wagons and such. Or a good custom paint shop might be able to aquire it. I belive it was a self stick application .
You might check legendary interiours on the web. Best of luck .
Stanley Marshall CUSTOM UPHOLSTER ,
Over 100 boats , @[email protected]

Giovanniello1

Re: Lancer glove box/dash

Post by Giovanniello1 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:15 pm

Do what I did if it is a real veneer then sand it lightly down till you get it clean without sanding thru the veneer then wipe it down with acetone, then use west clear epoxy on it to seal it wait 24 hours then wet sand smooth with 220 and no shine, then a wipe down with acetone this is the last time you use acetone Varnish doesn't like it, get a can of Pettit captains varnish, use a quality foam brush or badger brush apply the coat light to med tip off let sit for the next day wet sand till no shine and clean with water, repeat at least 3 coats then the last 2 coats use pettit Flagship Varnish It has a little more shine plus a heavy UV blocker youll love the way your wood will come out don't do it in or near A/C it will blow dust on it and not in the house youll get stoned in a bad way