Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

History of 1957 30' Constellation

Are you in need of information regarding "the way it was?" Or are you are a walking "who's-who" of Chris-Craft history? Share what you don't know—or do know here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

srlittin

History of 1957 30' Constellation

Post by srlittin » Thu May 15, 2014 8:03 pm

Having just purchased a 1957 30 foot Constellation from the Seattle area, and just transporting the boat to North East Ohio, we are trying to find any history of this boat. hull no, CD 30 - 233. According to the Cruiser Inspection Record, this boat was delivered to Bill Strokes? Marine, Detroit, Michigan, November 1956.
The boats name I think is "Arcta Craft. This is possibly incorrect, as some of the lettering is missing from the first word as named on the stern.
The previous owner traded the Constellation for a car, I believe in 2009 , as this is the oldest Washington State boat registration sticker on the hull.
Of interest upon cleaning out the boat, we found a 2002 membership sticker for Sandusky Yacht Club, Ohio. I have contacted the club, but have not had a reply.

The boat is in good condition and shows that the former owners certainly took pride in this fine boat. Do any of you sleuths out there remember this boat on the Great Lakes, know the previous Ohio owners or how the boat got to the West Coast.
For members, look at the hull registry for pictures.
Thanks.
Steve