Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Conversation with Jerry Conrad, The Mariners' Museum

Every so often the executives of The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club will pose a question asking for your thoughts. Or maybe you have something that you would like to share with us. Step up on the soap box here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Bill Basler

Conversation with Jerry Conrad, The Mariners' Museum

Post by Bill Basler » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:09 am

I had a fairly extensive conversation this morning with Jerry Conrad of The Mariners' Museum. Most of you are aware that Jerry has authored a book, Chris-Craft: The Essential Guide arguably the most thorough compilation of Chris-Craft documentation under one cover.

Jerry expressed an interest in letting all club members know that Chris-Craft: The Essential Guide is in its second printing and is readily available from The Mariners' Museum.

When the quantity of the first printing was nearly depleted, there were a number of these books posted online at unbelievably high prices, creating the impression that the book was no longer in print. At the end of the first run, the books certainly were in short supply. But as of the second printing, most costs indicated on eBay and other sites are now much inflated.

If you are interested in purchasing a copy of Chris-Craft: The Essential Guide Jerry recommends contacting The Mariners' Museum for the best pricing.

The Mariners' Museum
http://www.marinersmuseum.org/library/chriscraft/

Contact information is at the bottom of the page.
Bill Basler

flicka

Post by flicka » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:56 pm

Thanks for the heads up, Bill, I just logged on to the museum site and ordered one. Can't wait to get it along with all the other books I've ordered this week. My partner, Michael and I are very excited !!

flicka
1965 37' Constellation Express
1966 37' Owens Grenada

flicka

Post by flicka » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:23 pm

Jerry's "Essential Guide" is as the title suggests, anything and everything Chris Craft ! I have it on my desk and refer to it constantly during the day when I should be attending to my motorcycle business. My partner, Mike and I are consumed by this CC project that we are about to start.

Thanks again for your support !

flicka
1965 37' Constellation Express
1966 37' Owens Grenada

54 Conqueror

Re: Conversation with Jerry Conrad, The Mariners' Museum

Post by 54 Conqueror » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:37 pm

So how about another printing :-)