Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club unveils Sponsorship Program

Every so often the executives of The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club will pose a question asking for your thoughts. Or maybe you have something that you would like to share with us. Step up on the soap box here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Bill Basler

Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club unveils Sponsorship Program

Post by Bill Basler » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:11 pm

Good News!

A sponsorship program that we have been considering and developing for several years, is now reality. We unveiled the program to a small manageable group of potential sponsors to see what their response would be, and to see if there was anything that needed to be tweaked.

I am happy—in fact, really happy—to say that our proposal has been positively received.

I am pleased to announce that the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club has two new sponsors. The first to jump on board is Chris-Craft Corporation.

I was emailing Chris-Craft President Steve Heese about an unrelated matter. The sponsorship was mentioned in passing, and within the hour we had our first Gold Level sponsor. Wow.This is significant in that Chris-Craft had scaled back their print advertising budget back when the economy (and subsequently the marine economy) hit the skids.

We are ecstatic to have Chris-Craft back on board with us, not only in The Brass Bell, but soon to be online as well. Steve has always been a fan of what we are doing, and he definitely values what we are doing for the Chris-Craft brand.

I have one more phone call to make, and I hope to be able to announce our second sponsor later this evening. I will also elaborate on the actual program, in hopes of luring a few more sponsors into the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club family.
Bill Basler

Wilson Wright

Grant/Sponsorships

Post by Wilson Wright » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:39 am

Bill:

Sounds like great work on your part...Missed you at Tavares
Wilson Wright
Executive Director Emeritus
Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:42 am

Wilson, I missed being there as well, and thank you.

This morning I am able to announce yet another Sponsor. Hagerty Marine Insurance has graciously committed to to be a Gold Level Sponsor for 2011-2012. In fact, they went a step further and committed to an exclusive sponsorship within the insurance niche.

The exclusive sponsorship is a mix of monetary and in-kind support. Hagerty will help in promoting the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club to their audience. For example, they will feature information about our Club in future issues of Hagerty Watch, their publication that reaches some 14,000 enthusiasts.

My hat is off to Chris-Craft Corporation and Hagerty Marine Insurance for supporting the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club.

Next update we'll learn a bit more about our sponsors and the sponsorship program.

Until then, thank you Chris-Craft and Hagerty!
Bill Basler

Wilson Wright

Sponsorship program

Post by Wilson Wright » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:53 am

Wow !..The sponsorship program is off to a great start...Thanks to you, Steve, Carla and Chris.

The exclusive insurance program should go a long way toward promoting membership and retention

I look forward to reading more about it..
Wilson Wright
Executive Director Emeritus
Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club

mfine

Post by mfine » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:25 am

Great news. It is time to get my boat moving again which means I should be giving Hagerty a call on Monday.

I wish I could pick up a new Chris Craft Silver Bullet this week as well, but that will have to wait.