Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Spring 2010 Brass Bell Challenges

Every so often the executives of The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club will pose a question asking for your thoughts. Or maybe you have something that you would like to share with us. Step up on the soap box here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Bill Basler

Spring 2010 Brass Bell Challenges

Post by Bill Basler » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:47 am

Thank you all for being so patient in waiting for your Spring 2010 Brass Bell. This issue is out now, and I have heard from many who have received their issue in all corners of the US. For those who have not received their copy yet, you will not have to wait too much longer.

If you glance at my letter in the opening spread of this issue, you'll note that producing The Brass Bell takes the work of a very small, but dedicated "all volunteer staff." In fact, I think our beloved club magazine is a pretty amazing publication given the volunteer nature its production.

In this past quarter, we were working with a bit of a setback. Bill Baldwin, our Brass Bell Features Editor since Spring 2006, stepped down to pursue other interests in the non-profit, antique boat niche. We wish Bill the best in his new endeavor.

Bill's resignation came as a surprise to all of us on the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club Executive Team, and it did, in fact, create some significant short term challenges.

We are weathering this small storm, and we hope to return to a more normal production schedule with the Summer issue that is now underway.

Very soon, you will all be getting a more formal appeal from your Brass Bell staff, to help out in some pretty significant ways. Watch for more from me on this soon.

Until then, I am hoping you are all enjoying the current issue. Let me know what you think!
Bill Basler

Ken Miller

Post by Ken Miller » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:59 pm

Mine came today...........BEAUTIFUL as always!
Ken Miller
1951 Chris Craft U-22-1705 "Miss Cynthia"

Wilson Wright

B rass Bell

Post by Wilson Wright » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:39 am

Mine came yesterday...Another good one..Sorry to hear about Baldwin...I sort of felt responsible for bringing him on board. Never thought he'd forsake CCABC for another lover..Was it something we said or the way we dressed ?
Wilson Wright
Executive Director Emeritus
Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:48 pm

Wilson,

Very fortunately for all of us Bill Baldwin did answer the call when you brought him on board 5 years ago to help guide the CCABC when you stepped down as the Executive Director. He was the silent partner that helped make the Brass Bell what it is today, providing most of the content for Bill Basler to arrange and publish. For that, we should all be grateful that he did indeed answer your call.

His leaving may have more to do with what we didn't say. Bill Baldwin was truly an asset to the CCABC and he will be dearly missed, especially for his labor of love on the Brass Bell.

Al

Wilson Wright

Spring 2010 Brass Bll

Post by Wilson Wright » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:02 pm

Al:

Regrettably I haven't stayed in close a touch with Baldwin as I should have. I wish now I had, for I might have been able to convince him to stay on as Editor. I know he has other interests but didn't realize there was one that surpassed the Brass Bell. As you say, maybe it is what we didn't say...and for that I'm as guilty as the rest. Kinda like a funeral...there are always do many things I meant to tell the deceased before he was gone. Well, Bill if you are reading this...You did a job unsurpassed by any of your predecessors and you leave very big shoes to fill.
Wilson Wright
Executive Director Emeritus
Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club