Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Chris-Craft Travel Trailer on eBay

Every so often the executives of The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club will pose a question asking for your thoughts. Or maybe you have something that you would like to share with us. Step up on the soap box here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Bill Basler

Chris-Craft Travel Trailer on eBay

Post by Bill Basler » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:29 pm

I just got this message PMed to me from member Henry Wray. There is a Chris-Craft camping trailer on eBay, item number 330194698435.

For those of you who are a bit newer to Chris-Craft history, CC once offered a camping trailer, in kit form through their Kit Boat division. Chris-Craft had production building methods down pat, and the next logical extension was to provide all of the pieces to do-it-yourselfers in the form of a kit. They followed their entry into this market with boat trailers. I am sure that some of the top brass at Chris-Craft thought, "Hmmm, wood framed boat kits...wood framed trailer kits. "Kit Boat mail order boat trailers, mail order travel trailer frames."

Put it all together and you have the Chris-Craft Travel Trailer.
Bill Basler

Wilson Wright

C.C. Kit trailer

Post by Wilson Wright » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:25 am

Bill:

I was sure you'd want the kit trailer so you could build it and take some quality picures as you went along. As you probably recall from the story we did before we only know of one other in Colorado. It is a pretty rare find. Don't know how you'd ever tell how many were made.
Wilson Wright
Executive Director Emeritus
Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:29 am

It looks like this one already has the hard part done, and someone has done a pretty thorough job. It would make a nice mobile office for the club!
Bill Basler