Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Thank You BB

Every so often the executives of The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club will pose a question asking for your thoughts. Or maybe you have something that you would like to share with us. Step up on the soap box here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

E-J Ohler

Thank You BB

Post by E-J Ohler » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:05 pm

Bill
Has anybody thanked you again lately for the marvelous and great job you are doing for "our" club.
The BB above stands for Bill Basher although we should thank the Brass Bell too and the Boat Buzz. CC still stands for Chris-Craft and not carbon copy.
How do you find time to get your restoration boat finished with all the work you put into, publishing one of the best Club magazines out there, setting up Internet Surveys, gathering the wonderfull and fantastic Archives, and the monitoring of this forum.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU
Thanks,
E-J
"Dad Gawn Crazy" - 1963 31' Cavalier Futura Custom (Twin 283)

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:39 pm

Gosh E-J, this is pretty kind. As always, I appreciate the feedback. We will publish the results of the survey soon after we close it out. I hope to have a printed version of the survey in the Fall Brass Bell. This will, of course, serve our members who are not comfortable online.

The good news is that most of our members are happy. There are a few who are not, and I have received tons of constructive criticism. This survey was an important first step in getting to know all f you, in order to provide more of what you are all wanting.

The best is yet to come. The online Archive has really got me charged up. This effort is going to take a huge step forward very soon. In fact, if you click

here: www.chris-craft.org/archive

Then use the "Browse Entire Archive" link rather than the the Search, you will see a few surprises out there. I have not actively promoted the archive yet, because we are still finding our way, developing and testing as we go. But these "test" files will get you yearning for more. Imagine this entire archive once it is fully developed with about 35-40,000 pages of content, by the close of 2007.

Wow.

Thanks again for the comments, I am having a gas at this. Thanks should also go to wilson Wright, Terry Fiest, Bill Baldwin, Don Ayers, Brian Robinson, Seb Borrello, and so many others. It is truly their willingness to contribute that allows me to worry about aesthetics, technology, and enhancing our benefits.

Spread the word!
Bill Basler

E-J Ohler

Post by E-J Ohler » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:57 pm

Bill
You are right I also should thank the other Gents you mentioned, as for Wilson we can keep thanking him, but all that is left is put him on a pedestal for all he has done for the CCABC.

The reason I seeked you out was that I just came from the Archive site and what a great resource and what a suprise. I knew you talked about and had planned it for a while but to see it working is great. Just the old BB's themselves with the search option is a great resource for anybody into classic boating.

Keep up the great work and do thank the other gentlemen too for all their efforts and input as you are more in touch with them.
Thanks,
E-J
"Dad Gawn Crazy" - 1963 31' Cavalier Futura Custom (Twin 283)

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:06 pm

I too would like to add my sincere thanks to BB for the BB and BB along with E-J's. Thanks also to the other BB and to WW, TF, DA, BR and SB for making the CCABC what it is today. The Summer 2007 Brass Bell is yet another fantastic edition of the best of the best magazines available anywhere.

AB