Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Winter 2005 Brass Bell

Every so often the executives of The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club will pose a question asking for your thoughts. Or maybe you have something that you would like to share with us. Step up on the soap box here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Don Ayers
Club Executive Team

Winter 2005 Brass Bell

Post by Don Ayers » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:18 pm

Sending out a message to see if memebers have started getting their Winter 2005 BB's yet. If so, what are your comments on the publication from a layout, photography, content standpoint? Your Brass Bell Staff would like to hear from you.

All comments are welcome!
Don Ayers
1959 Riva Ariston
www.RivaForum.org
www.barrelback.com

Jay Armstrong

The latest Brass Bell

Post by Jay Armstrong » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:31 am

Don,
Received my BB this week and man does it look good. It seems to get better by the issue and now I see an additional improovment coming with the next installment. Congrats and thanks to all the contributors to this very fine publication. Keep up the good work.
Jay Armstrong
1969 Sea Skiff 35 flybridge Sedan home ported Grand Island, New York
1955 Holiday 18 with 283 repower, home ported Omaha, Nebraska

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:43 am

Jay, Thanks. Yes, there have been significant changes to The Brass Bell. The publication is growing up a bit. The real change, however, will be with the Spring 2006 issue. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag, but be prepared. I think you will really like what you see.
Bill Basler

E-J Ohler

Post by E-J Ohler » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:16 am

Don
Received my BB Wednesday and as always Wilson, Bill, yourself and all the rest of the staff did a great job.
Love the layout and content. I'm not sure about the paperweight (thickness) as I did like the glossy type of previous issues, but I'll get used to it. I don't like change to much (isn't that why we are motoring/sailing these old woodies? :) ) but this publication is getting better with every issue.
This publication outshines many of the professional ones out there. Keep up the GREAT work.

E-J
1963 31'Cavalier twin 283
1950 11' PennYan

tom king

Post by tom king » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:52 pm

I see a huge improvement but let me say it's always been a great publication. If I could offer one simple suggestion - I would like to see more young ladies in bikinis with the boats. :lol:

Don Ayers
Club Executive Team

Post by Don Ayers » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:09 pm

Tom;

I'm for that for sure. I have been working on it and hope to get better photography for the 2006 year.

Stay Tuned!!!!!
Don Ayers
1959 Riva Ariston
www.RivaForum.org
www.barrelback.com

Wilson Wright

Post by Wilson Wright » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:29 pm

Funny Tom...I'm told that when Budwieser did a survey as to whether readers of their ads would like more pictures of Miss Budwiser or more pics of The Bud girls...The answer was more babes in bikinis and the more richly endowed the better....Of course that was just one survey...Maybe our members would answer differently.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Wilson Wright
Executive Director Emeritus
Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club

Kerry Price

Post by Kerry Price » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:49 am

I went through it cover to cover right from the mail box. It's become a quarterly fix. Great new look. Keep up the good work! Oh yeah--Great boat on the cover!!
Kerry Price
1946 20' Custom Runabout: R-20-092
1938 19' Sportsman: 19501
http://www.chris-craft.org/registry/vie ... oat_id=532

tommyjackson

Brass Bell is GREAT.

Post by tommyjackson » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:45 am

:lol: You asked for comments on the BB and I for one am impressed. The quality is tops and the articles are what I want to read about. Pictures are great like the ones on the cover front and back. I get Boat US and our quality is good if not better. The BB has more of what I am looking for. Keep up the good work. Thanks.