Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Mt. Dora, great show , great weather, many thanks

Every so often the executives of The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club will pose a question asking for your thoughts. Or maybe you have something that you would like to share with us. Step up on the soap box here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

jfrprops

Mt. Dora, great show , great weather, many thanks

Post by jfrprops » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:32 pm

Many thanks to Terry Feist and all the Sunnyland Chapter folks for another great Mt. Dora show.
Truely antique boaters Disneyland!

Paul P
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, Cumberland River and Lake system

Mt. Dora 2007

Post by Paul P » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:42 pm

I totally agree. It was very well done, and a great time was had by all!

Bill Basler was ---> SPOTTED <--- at the show, promoting this web site and CCABC. I was quite impressed that I could renew my membership to CCABC (for two years) right there in the middle of the grounds from a satellite. 8) It's quite an amazing combination of cutting edge technology applied to an antique boating venue! Bill also showed me an example of how CCABC will be able to scan documents that are made up of pixels, but will have the ability to recognize text within the (photo) image, and this is quite an astounding breaktrough. It will eventually be of benefit to anyone who is researching any model of Chris Craft, motor, parts, history, whatever.

As for the show, there are far too many boats to possibly cover with photos here, but are a couple of boat pics and a pic of Bill Basler (left) with Bill Baldwin (right)

Just two photos of representative Chris Craft boats. Wow, nothing short of stunning. This show attracts some of the best boats in North America to be seen anywhere. It's also a great way for people in northern regions to open their annual boating season.

These photos don't do the show justice. It's the sort of thing that's impossible to capture in a photo. If you have not been to Mt. Dora, better schedule it for next year, and it's not too soon to book a hotel room now !

Regards,

Pau1 P1etcher
1956 17' CC Sportsman, 300-hp
1957 17' CC Sportsman, 95-hp
1966 20' CC fiberglass Sea Skiff, 210-hp+
1973 23' CC Lancer inboard project, 427/375-hp.
1966 38' CC Commander Express, 427/300-hp(2)

So many boats.........so little time.....but what a way to go!!

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:53 pm

Ditto that for me as well. The weather was perfect, mostly sunny and warm. What a relief (I didn't jinx it after all). I enjoyed meeting some of the CCABC folks for the first time. It's great putting a face to all the familiar names we see here on Boat Buzz.

This is a recent new Mt. Dora resident:

This one's been here for a while (gaiter).

Al

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:13 pm

I have returned from an extended stay in Florida, using my fetish for wooden Chris-Crafts and warmer than Iowa weather to visit the Mt. Dora, FL show. As mentioned by others, it was a fantastic show with great weather and a crowd estimated at about 50,000.

In addition, we had an interesting meeting with Alan and Faye Smith and the Sea Skiff Club. see my follow-up post in this "From the Club" section.

I was able to meet quite a number of you in person. This was great fun fro me, as I have corresponded with so many of you, but had not had the chance to meet in person. It's always great to get together face-to-face.
Bill Basler