Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Online Archive Progress

Every so often the executives of The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club will pose a question asking for your thoughts. Or maybe you have something that you would like to share with us. Step up on the soap box here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Bill Basler

Online Archive Progress

Post by Bill Basler » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:11 pm

I have spent the last few days continuing to digitize content for the online archive. I'll state for the record, we are still a ways out from having the archive accessible, but I starting to get pretty excited about it. In answer to Brian Robinson's request for a CD of the old factory 35mm scans, it is my goal to have all of this available online. We are developing a system that will serve resolutions on the fly. The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club member will be able to determine what resolution he/she wants based on their specific need.

1. We have scanned several hundred original factory 8 x 10 B&W prints. These prints were scanned as grayscale at 600 DPI, yielding a 70Mb uncompressed file. They look great. For the most part these scans cover 1956 through 1964. There's some great stuff here. Lots of unusual models and configurations, including a couple of dozen Cavalier Division photos, a couple of dozen Sea Skiff Division photos, many large cruisers, up to 65 footers including a few Roamer shots.

2. I scanned the entire 275 page Chris-Craft marketing communications plan from 1966 which I purchased from a non-member. This marketing plan is pretty fascinating with goals and strategies for each Chris-Craft Division.

3. Next, a 250 page, A-120 engine parts specification for all variations of the A-120, including race variations.

4. Next an article from Business Week 1964, "Building Boats Like Cars" an interview with Pompano execs with a tour of the plant. Some great photos in this article of big cruisers coming down the assembly line.

5. Newspaper clippings from December 1988 Miami Herald, disclosing Murray Chris-Craft's closing and pending reorganization.

6. 1964 article, "Hank Bowman Tests the Commander 38"

7. Complete color scans of 1941 Chris-Craft Water Ways catalog

This amounts to nearly 2,000 pages of content (documents and photos) that have been digitized in the past week or so.

Fun stuff.
Bill Basler

Bill Basler

Archive Comes Online for Beta Testing

Post by Bill Basler » Thu May 03, 2007 4:09 pm

All:

This is a repeat of the email message that I just sent out to all Club member email addresses. I am posting it here as well. We unfortunately have quite a number of inactive email addresses (primarily AOL) for members. We are always trying to make inroads in getting these current. If you have NOT received an email message from me in the past couple of days, please forward your current email address. I will make sure our database is up to date.

Until then, here's the message:

You may recall from my email yesterday that I would be following up with an exciting new benefit for all Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club members. Today, I am proud to announce that we are taking the first steps in bringing our extensive archive of historic documents online.

Why?
There are many print collections that lie in the hands of hundreds of Chris-Craft enthusiasts and organizations worldwide. These archives serve a wonderful purpose in preserving Chris-Craft history. There are numerous problems associated with historic documents, however.
1. They are not easily accessible—at least by others.
2. They are not easily searched. In fact, searching a paper-based archive, relies on a great memory and good notes as to where things can be found.
3. Because of the acidic properties of paper and the instability of printing inks and silver-based photo process, materials should be carefully handled—and even so, are in a steady state of decline.

First steps
We have been very busy for the past several months planning and coding this system and the underlying architecture that will make it work at a grand scale. We have huge expectations for this Archive and we are prepared to move it along quickly, and for years to come.

We have "seeded" the online Archive with all past issues of The Brass Bell that were produced before computerization took full effect in the publishing process. That means there are thousands of pages of back issues available for you to browse online, from 1974 through 2004. In the upcoming days, we will add 2004 through present. The quality of these Brass Bells vary. Some of you will remember the very early issues that were printed in black ink on brown kraft paper. Of course, as the years have passed, The Brass Bell has evolved, and you will see that quality evolution in the online Archive.

The Archive interface and content is truly in a beta form right now. We are sending you all this email so that you can familiarize your self with the Archive, and start using it. In the upcoming weeks/months, we will be making steady enhancements to the user interface and the general aesthetic.

What can I expect to see in the future?
After we finish posting the entire run of The Brass Bell, we will start scanning and posting photos. We already have hundreds of scans of original factory black & white prints ready to bring online—also dozens of original Chris-Craft Marketing Department 35mm slides. We just need to get the backend caught up so that we can make these available to you.

As well, we have an extensive collection of Chris-Craft literature from the 20s through the 80s. This will likely be the next batch of content that we will scan and bring online. From there we will prioritize based on the requests that we field on a daily basis. Engine manuals are very sought after, as are parts manuals. There is a lot to get done. Wiring diagrams, vintage ads, company documents, engineering memos...the list goes on.

Do I have to be a club member to use the Archive?
First and foremost, we view this as an important member benefit. You will note a caption at the top of the main Archive page that states, "For a limited time only: The Brass Bell Archive will be available to non-members." For a short period, will give members and non-members a chance to familiarize themselves with the Archive, the search process, and general navigational methods. As we add more content, it is likely that non-members will be able to search the Archive, but will not be able to view, or download high-res content without Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club membership.

We are working out the access and payment details now. We will give you more information as we know more. Eventually, the Archive content will be Digital Rights Managed and accessible via your Club User Name and Password. Our main goal is creating more value for you—our members.

For the remainder of this email, I will offer you two paths:

1. Give me a quick overview
For those of you who want to get started immediately, and are not as concerned with how the archive works, this section is for you and will get you started.

2. Thanks for the basics, now give me the details
For the more tech savvy, this section gives you a bit more information on how the archive works, and what lies below the surface making it all happen.

VISIT THE CHRIS-CRAFT ONLINE ARCHIVE NOW AT:
http://www.chris-craft.org/archive

Give me a quick overview
1. Go to the above web address in any web browser. The archive is PC and Mac friendly.
2. Once the page loads, you will see a search field. You simply type in the word or phrase that you would like to search for. Unlike other web-based archives that just search across document titles, the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club archive is ultra-sophisticated. Because of special processing that we do to the scanned pages, you can actually search to the deepest levels of the documents. It does not matter whether the content you are looking for is in headline, subheading, body text, or footnotes. If the content is in the archive, you should be able to find it.
3. Once you have entered your search phrase, click the Submit button. The search results will be returned in context with the surrounding text. Also included in the results page is the title and date (in the case of dated content) and an ample sized thumbnail. If you click this thumbnail (once) and hold your mouse button down, you can slide the thumbnail up and down to reveal other parts of the previewed page.
4. If you see something in text or thumbnail that catches your eye, you can click the "More from this issue" link. This link is located directly under the heading of each search result. A single click of this link will refresh the page with thumbnails of all the pages in the specific issue. The thumbnails are sized for easy browsing and fast page loading. A single click on any of these thumbnails will open a PDF document of the page. This PDF will be readable on-screen and can be easily printed to your desktop printer. A PDF file can also be magnified using the Acrobat's zoom tools. The scanned resolution of these documents is high enough to support on-screen magnification levels to 600%.
5. If your search is for a very popular phrase, such as "Brass Bell" you will see hundreds of search results. These are returned to the results screen in sets of 10 results, to facilitate faster page loading and larger thumbnails. You will see a "paging" feature, just under the search field. This will allow you to navigate across many pages of returns, with 10 returns on each page.
6. You will also see a clickable link titled, "PDF Download." One click of this link will download the desired PDF to your computer. You can refer to this PDF when you are no online.
7. As an alternate navigation method, you can browse the entire archive, rather than using the search feature. You do this by clicking the "Browse the entire publication" link on the Archive main page. Every click will take you a level deeper in the Archive. For example, the Brass Bell archive can be browsed by year, followed by quarter, followed by page.

These are the basic instructions for using the Archive. Just remember a few things. First, the Archive is just getting started. It will grow every day in sophistication and content. Second, as a work in process, there will be coding activity happening constantly. If you run into any erratic behavior, you may be using the archive at the moment we are making alterations. In time, this will become minimal.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the basics, now give me the details
The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club Archive is being built in response to the tremendous amount of input that we have received from all of you. Access to historic documents is one of our most requested Club benefits. This Archive will grow into the most important research and documentation site relative to antique & Classic Chris-Crafts.

Boat Buzz, the Club's technical discussion forum, has been designed for information exchange. If you are not familiar with Boat Buzz (one our most popular member benefits) you can find it at: http://www.chris-craft.org/discussion.

The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club Archive, on the other hand, has been designed to serve the researcher. For general navigation instructions, please see the above section, "Give me a quick overview."

The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club Archive utilizes many state-of-the-art processes and custom-written code, to bring old archived content online in such a manner that it can be easily searched. This content that the search engine uses is the directory structure from the server itself; combined with meta tags; combined with page titling and document naming; and most importantly combined with actual OCR text files of the pages themselves. For those of you who are not familiar with OCR, it is an acronym for Optical Character Recognition, it is a process in which a computer (hardware and software) can extrapolate a text stream from actual scanned pages. In short, the OCR processing that we are performing on Archive pages, creates text from pixels. The advantages are that text is searchable...pixels are not. This means that your search will be driven into the deepest levels of Archive documents. As we add construction drawings and engineering memos, you will even be able to search on the dimensional notations of the actual drawings. By nature, OCR is not perfect, but the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club Archive's OCR system has been custom-written by friends of the Club. It is among the most accurate systems out there. The OCR process can even pick up odd fonts, such as those used in display ads. Another benefit of OCR, is that the page text, while it appears to be pixels, can actually be copied to your clipboard and pasted in another application. We can control this on a document by document level. Copyright-free material will be more open, with copyrighted material locked down.

Eventually, the Archive will be made up of a variety of materials, some of which we want to protect. We will do so by applying sophisticated Digital Rights Management protection to sensitive materials. Other, less sensitive documents may not be protected at all. The work on DRM is in-process at this time.

This system is hosted on very sophisticated hardware, with enough disk space to ensure aggressive growth.

Our ultimate goal to all of the online features of the Club will be to aggregate the search results under one common interface, pulling search results from key areas:
1. Archive
2. Boat Buzz
3. TradingDock.org
4. A future hull registry
5. Club member information

Imagine doing a site-search across all chris-craft.org pages for a term such as 1942 17' Deluxe. Your search results will soon return Arcive contents, such as Brass Bell stories, photos, literature, ads, and engineering memos. This will give your research a quick start. Boat Buzz posts matching the search criteria will also be returned. This will give you an overview of technical discussion. TradingDock.org listings will also be returned so that you can research values, sell you own Deluxe, or buy one that is listed for sale. Finally, as we develop the Chris-Craft hull registry, your search results will include all of the registry listings for 1942 17' Deluxes, with a link to member information...or at least the member info that someone makes public.

Exciting. Please visit the archive at http://www.chris-craft.org/archive and give us your feedback. This could be huge! And please remember:
The Archive is just getting started. It will grow every day in sophistication and content. And, as a work in process, there will be coding activity happening constantly. If you run into any erratic behavior, you may be using the archive at the moment we are making alterations. In time, this will become minimal.
Bill Basler

flicka

Post by flicka » Thu May 03, 2007 4:14 pm

Hi Bill and Everyone !

I just took a quick look (am still at work), the new online archives are fantastic !!! I did a very precise search on a subject and landed 1154 articles !!! I can't wait to browse and use.

Thank you for all that you do, we greatly appreciate your hard work and efforts, what a team !!!

flicka
1965 37' Constellation Express
1966 37' Owens Grenada

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Thu May 03, 2007 5:57 pm

Well, it's 5:50 cdt and I'm the only member on line. A first!!! Everyone but me is reading old issues of The Brass Bell in the new and fabulous ARCHIVE. It's an amazing tool which is already being put to good use. Right, Matt? It's going to be a researcher's dream when fully developed. Absolutely fantastic, Bill.

Al

river rat 1939

email

Post by river rat 1939 » Fri May 04, 2007 12:20 am

Bill i have not got a email so here is my email add. [email protected] .
by the way i got that vidio from you the 1929 cc vidio it is way to cool it is so good i had to watch it over two more times. It's to good do you guys have any
other dvds like that ?

thanks for all your hard work !!!!!!!!!!

my 39 cc. runabout is coming along not fast enough thoe

thanks again steve
1965 30' cc constellation
1939 15'6" cc deluxe runabout project

steve pavao

river rat 1939

email

Post by river rat 1939 » Fri May 04, 2007 12:25 am

i ment do you guys have any other videos for sell?

thanks again steve

steve pavao

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Fri May 04, 2007 12:25 am

Steve, thanks for the email address. I have it correct in our database, but we have had a ton of problems with AOL addresses, at least when I send out group messages. It seems AOL doesn't like the group approach.

As for the video, this is our first venture on DVD. We had a Cobra video a number of years back, but the supply has been depleted.

I have just pulled two other 16mm films from our archive and sent them off to be digitized. I hope to have an Archive Film Series DVD 2 ready later this year.
Bill Basler

river rat 1939

dvd

Post by river rat 1939 » Fri May 04, 2007 12:30 am

thanks bill i will be waiting for it !!

please let us know when it comes out !!!!

thanks again steve

steve pavao

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:27 pm

I thought this would be a good time to bring everyone up to speed on the development of the online archive. We have been very busy. We have a small team dedicated to this project, and I am happy to say we are making significant progress in meeting our gaol of having a wealth of content online before the end of 2007.

As of today, we have approximately 30,000 pages of content scanned, cleaned up, OCRed and nearly ready to come online. What does this mean? Well, it means we have many of the catalogs scanned for the various years from the mid twenties through 2000. Keep in mind, there was not typically just one catalog per year. In some years there were Chris-Craft Yachts, Chris-Craft Runabouts, Sea Skiff, Cavalier Runabouts, Cavalier Cruisers, etc. In addition to product catalogs, we have hundreds of ads scanned—going back to 1924, Dealer Bulletins, Hundreds of Photos, Engine Manuals, Parts Lists, Chris-Craft Marketing Department documents, and on and on and on.

I wish we had everything ready now. It is really exciting to see all of this come together. As well, the quality of the scans is exceptional.

Just to give you a better idea, here is what I have been working on this weekend. This is not all, but there are probably about 10,000 pages in this batch alone. Stay tuned for more information soon.

1960 Richardson 35' Express Cruiser Spec Sheet
1960 Richardson 31' Utility Spec Sheet
1934 Chris-Craft Cruisers Brochure
1934 Chris-Craft Can You Beat It Brochure
1974 Chris-Craft Corsair XK-22 Spec Sheet
1974 Chris-Craft Corsair 8 Metre Spec Sheet
1973 Chris-Craft Price Schedule
1972 Sea Ray Catalog
1972 Lyman 35' Express Cruiser Spec Sheet
1972 Lyman 26' Boats Spec Sheet
1972 Chris-Craft Commander Price Schedule
1932 Chris-Craft Custom Runabouts Brochure
Kings Craft Home Cruisers Full Page Ad
Kings Craft Home Cruisers Catalog
1961 Chris-Craft 18' Cavalier Custom Sports Utility Spec Sheet
1960 Richardson Price List
1960 Richardson 46' Motor Yacht Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff 27' Express Cruiser Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff 23' Sportsman Spec Sheet
1959 Richardson 31' Express Cruiser Spec Sheet
1935 Chris-Craft Power Boating Magazine Page
1939 Chris-Craft Sept 30 Sales Bulletin
1932 Chris-Craft Dealer Manual
1960 Chris-Craft Cruisers and Yachts Catalog
1927 Runabout Article Yachting Magazine
1928 Chris-Craft 26' Runabout Magazine Photo
1961 Chris-Craft 45' Constellation Spec Sheet
1961 Chris-Craft 41' Constellation Spec Sheet
1972 Century Catalog
1971 Lyman Catalog
1971 Kings Craft Price List
1971 Chris-Craft Sport Boats Price Schedule
1936 Chris-Craft Salesman's Notebook
1966 Chris-Craft Commander Catalog
1976 Chris-Craft 22' Tournament Fisherman Spec Sheet
1934 Chris-Craft Field & Stream Magazine Page
1936 Chris-Craft 28' Enclosed Bridge Deck Cruiser Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft Cavalier 19' Golden Arrow Stern Drive Spec Sheet
1932 Chris-Craft Runabouts Brochure
1963 Chris-Craft Cavalier 24' Fiesta 4-Sleeper Cruiser Spec Sheet
1970 Chris-Craft Corsair 17' Lancer Spec Sheet
1970 Chris-Craft Catalina Optional Equipment Price List
1976 Chris-Craft 45' Flush Deck Spec Sheet
1958 Chris-Craft Full Line Brochure
1957 Richardson 43' Custom Express Spec Sheet
1957 Chris-Craft 21' Sports Boats Spec Sheet
1937 Chris-Craft Water Ways Brochure
1938 Chris-Craft 17' De Luxe Runabouts Spec Brochure
1938 Chris-Craft 16' Racing Runabouts Spec Brochure
1959 Chris-Craft Roamer Steel Cruisers Catalog
1959 Chris-Craft Roamer Price Schedule
1960 Chris-Craft Roamer 43' Motor Yacht Spec Sheet
1960 Chris-Craft Division Price Schedule
1966 Chris-Craft Catalog
1966 Chris-Craft 45' Constellation Spec Sheet
1966 Chris-Craft 37' Constellation Spec Sheet
1927 Chris-Craft Newspaper Photo
1961 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff Catalog
1961 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff 30' Open Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft Caribbean 35' Motor Sailer Spec Sheet
1927 Chris-Craft 22' Cadet Spec Sheet
Higgins 14' Deluxe Outboard Runabout Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft 37' Tri Cabin Constellation Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft 37' Constellation Spec Sheet
1924 Chris Smith & Sons Algonac MI Boat Plant Photo
Ventor 18' Sport Runabout Spec Sheet
1980 Chris-Craft Cruiser Price Schedule
1979 Chris-Craft 28' Catalina Models 280-281 Spec Sheet
Chris-Craft 19' Capri Spec Sheet
Chris-Craft 18' Continental Spec Sheet
1965 Chris-Craft Catalog
1964 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff 35' Custom Corinthian Holiday Harbor Spec Sheet
1956 Jafco 21' Seamaster Spec Sheet
1956 Jafco 18' Sportmaster Spec Sheet
1960 Chris-Craft 27' Constellation Spec Sheet
1960 Chris-Craft 25' Cavalier Custom Cruiser Spec Sheet
1928 Chris-Craft All-Mahogany Runabout Brochure
1936 Chris-Craft Full Line Brochure
Higgins 23' Express Cruiser Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft 20' Holiday Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft 18' Holiday Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft 18' Cavalier Custom Utility
1927 Chris-Craft 22' Cadet Tender Article
1930 Chris-Craft Sales Catalog Cover Letter
1958 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff Catalog
1958 Chris-Craft Roamer 28' Express Cruiser Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff 32' Custom Corinthian Spec Sheet
1966 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff Brochure
1963 Chris-Craft Cavalier 35' Custom Yacht Spec Sheet
1932 Chris-Craft Full Line Brochure
1976 Chris-Craft 23' Lancer Overnighter Spec Sheet
1934 Chris-Craft Let the World Roll By Brochure
1961 Chris-Craft 19' Continental Spec Sheet
1959 Chris-Craft Cavalier Catalog
Chris-Craft 17' Ski Boat Spec Sheet
2000 Chris-Craft Catalog
1930 Chris-Craft Water Ways Brochure
1962 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff 18' Sportsman Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft Roamer Catalog
Ventnor 23' Express Cruiser Spec Sheet
1936 Chris-Craft 28' Single Cabin Cruiser Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 20' Sportsman Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft 25' Cavalier Express Cruiser 2-Sleeper Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft 21' Cavalier Express Spec Sheet
1966 Chris-Craft 27' Commander Sports Express Spec Sheet
1965 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff Catalog
1969 Chris-Craft 23' Commander Introductory Brochure
1969 Chris-Craft 19' Commander Super Sport Spec Sheet
1938 Chris-Craft 15.5' Sportsman Spec Sheet
1975 Chris-Craft XK 22 Spec Sheet
1975 Chris-Craft XK 19 Spec Sheet
1975 Chris-Craft 33' Sport Sedan Spec Sheet
1975 Chris-Craft 23' Lancer Inboard Spec Sheet
1959 Richardson 43' Golden Jubilee Double Cabin Salon Spec Sheet
1959 Richardson 35' Golden Jubilee Express Cruiser Spec Sheet
1932 Chris-Craft Spec Sheet
1938 Chris-Craft 21' De Luxe Utility Boats Spec Brochure
1962 Chris-Craft 35' Cavalier Custom Yacht Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft 21' Cavalier Sportsman Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft 16' Ski Boat Spec Sheet
1961 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff Division Price Schedule
1969 Chris-Craft Catalog
1969 Chris-Craft 23' Commander Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 17' Lancer Spec Sheet
1939 Chris-Craft Full-Line Brochure
1936 Chris-Craft 25' Streamline Cruiser Spec Sheet
1980 Chris-Craft Sportboat Price Schedule
1959 Chris-Craft 23' Cavalier Brochure
1934 Chris-Craft Water Ways Brochure
1963 Chris-Craft 17' Custom Ski Boat Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft Sports Boats, Cruisers and Motor Yachts Catalog
1962 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff Catalog
1934 Chris-Craft Happy Days Brochure
1967 Chris-Craft Commander Catalog
1967 Chris-Craft Cavalier Crusader Catalog
1934 Chris-Craft It's Cruiser Time Brochure
1937 Chris-Craft 24' Clipper Spec Brochure
1962 Chris-Craft 41' Conqueror Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft 40' Sportfisherman Spec Sheet
Higgins 26' Sport Cruiser Spec Sheet
Higgins 26' Deluxe Sedan Cruiser Spec Sheet
Ventnor 18' Deluxe Utility Spec Sheet
Ventnor 16' Economy Utility Spec Sheet
1967 Chris-Craft Roamer Catalog
1967 Chris-Craft Corsair Catalog
1967 Chris-Craft Corinthian Catalog
1966 Chris-Craft Commander Price Schedule
1966 Chris-Craft Cavalier Crusader Price Schedule
1966 Chris-Craft Cavalier Crusader Optional Equip Price List
Chris-Craft 17' Sportsman and Runabout Spec Sheet
1980 Chris-Craft Sportboats Catalog
1977 Chris-Craft 45' Commander Brochure
1976 Chris-Craft Sport Boats Catalog
1976 Chris-Craft 33' Sports Sedan Spec Sheet
1939 Chris-Craft Marine Engines Spec Sheet
1961 Chris-Craft Roamer Price Schedule
1961 Chris-Craft 55' Constellation Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft Roamer 44' Riviera Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft Cavalier Catalog
1970 Chris-Craft 26' Futura Spec Sheet
1969 Chris-Craft Constellation and Corvette Models Catalog
1969 Chris-Craft Commander Catalog
1927 Chris Smith & Sons Boat Co Chris-Craft Brochure
1963 Chris-Craft 60' Motor Yacht Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft 57' Constellation Spec Sheet
1964 Chris-Craft Roamer Yachts Catalog
1964 Chris-Craft Cavalier Catalog
1963 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff Catalog
1976 Chris-Craft 30' Tournament Fisherman Spec Sheet
1930 Chris-Craft Sales Catalog
1963 Chris-Craft Cavalier 31' Futura 6-Sleeper Cruiser Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 23' Lancer Transdrive Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 5.4 Metre XK Spec Sheet
1939 Chris-Craft August 24 Sales Bulletin
1937 Chris-Craft Price List
1937 Chris-Craft 25' Semi-Enclosed Cruiser Spec Sheet
1930 Chris-Craft Sales Catalog Price Sheet
1955 Richardson 34' Express Spec Sheet
1961 Chris-Craft 36' Constellation Spec Sheet
1961 Chris-Craft 30' Custom Cavalier Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft Cavalier 26' Futura 4-Sleeper Cruiser Spec Sheet
1939 Chris-Craft August 17 Sales Bulletin
Ventnor Company History Brochure
River Queen Catalog
Photos
Marinette 34' Cruiser Catalog
Marinette Boat Catalog
Chris-Craft Model Post WW-II KL - KFL Series Operating Manual & Parts List
1969 Chris-Craft Cavalier Preview Catalog
1969 Chris-Craft Cavalier Catalog
1938 Chris-Craft 35' Double Stateroom Cruisers Spec Brochure
1938 Chris-Craft 26' Enclosed Cruiser Spec Brochure
1939 Chris-Craft August 18 Sales Bulletin
Ventnor 16' Deluxe Utility Spec Sheet
1968 Chris-Craft Buyers Guide
1968 Chris-Craft Crusader Spec Brochure
1968 Chris-Craft Corsair Catalog
1965 Chris-Craft Cavalier Catalog
1964 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff Catalog
1970 Chris-Craft Corsair 19' Lancer Spec Sheet
1970 Chris-Craft Corsair 17' Ski Boat Spec Sheet
1928 Chris-Craft Runabout Photo Yachting Magazine
1956 Jafco 18' Seamaster Utility Runabout Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft 60' Motor Yacht Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft 55' Constellation Spec Sheet
1960 Chris-Craft Roamer Steel Cruisers Catalog
1933 Chris-Craft Full Line Brochure
1941 Chris-Craft Water Ways Brochure
1938 Chris-Craft 31' Single Cabin Sport Cruiser Spec Brochure
1938 Chris-Craft 40' Cruisers Spec Brochure
1960 Chris-Craft 19' Capri Spec Sheet
Jafco 25' Seamaster Spec Sheet
Higgins Catalog
1976 Chris-Craft 25' Tournament Fisherman Spec Sheet
1971 Chris-Craft 31' Catalina Spec Sheet
1971 Chris-Craft 28' Commander Sports Express Spec Sheet
1971 Century Catalog
1970 Lyman Catalog
1970 Chris-Craft Roamer Yachts Catalog
1970 Chris-Craft Full-Line Mailer
1938 Chris-Craft 24' Utility Cruiser Spec Brochure
1968 Chris-Craft Commander Catalog
1967 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff Catalog
1933 Chris-Craft Line of Boats Boating Business Magazine Article
1938 Chris-Craft Cancelled Business Envelope
1938 Chris-Craft Brochure
1957 Richardson 34' Sedan Spec Sheet
1957 Richardson 27' Utility Spec Sheet
1938 Chris-Craft 25' Semi-Enclosed Cruiser Spec Brochure
1938 Chris-Craft 25' Clipper Cruiser Spec Brochure
1963 Chris-Craft 20' Caravelle Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft 18' Holiday Spec Sheet
1938 Chris-Craft 31' Enclosed Cruiser Spec Brochure
1976 Chris-Craft 23' Lancer Inboard Spec Sheet
1935 Chris-Craft Water Ways Brochure
1960 Chris-Craft 23' Cavalier Sportsman Spec Sheet
1936 Chris-Craft 23.5' Semi-Enclosed Cruiser Spec Sheet
1968 Chris-Craft Constellation Catalog
1968 Chris-Craft Commander Price Schedule
1962 Chris-Craft 25' Constellation Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft 23' Holiday Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft 37' Tri-Cabin Constellation Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft 36' Constellation Spec Sheet
1967 Chris-Craft Cavalier Catalog
1967 Chris-Craft Catalog
1966 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff Catalog
1962 Chris-Craft 33' Sport Fisherman Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft 28' Constellation Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 6.9 Meter XK Spec Sheet
1939 Chris-Craft August 10 Sales Bulletin
1938 Chris-Craft 15.5' De Luxe Runabout Spec Brochure
1938 Chris-Craft 31' Enclosed-Type Cruiser Spec Brochure
1935 Chris-Craft Full Line Brochure
1960 Chris-Craft 27' Semi-Enclosed Cruiser Spec Sheet
1934 Chris-Craft 15.5' Utility Model 65 Brochure
1961 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff 27' Open Spec Sheet
1961 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff 23' Open Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft 42' Constellation Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft 42' Conqueror Spec Sheet
1927 Chris-Craft 26' Magazine Photo
1962 Chris-Craft Roamer 27' Custom Comet Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft Division Overview Catalog
1962 Chris-Craft 50' Constellation Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft 45' Constellation Spec Sheet
Higgins 26' De Luxe Sedan Cruiser Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff 23' Ranger Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff 20' Sportsman Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft 27' Constellation Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft 20' Holiday Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff 42' Custom Corinthian Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff 37' Custom Corinthian Spec Sheet
1936 Chris-Craft Price List
1976 Chris-Craft 20' Tournament Fisherman Spec Sheet
1957 Richardson 39' Sedan Spec Sheet
Cal Connell Cadillac Crusader Engine Operating Manual
1987 Chris-Craft Catalog
1985 Chris-Craft Sportboats Catalog
1963 Chris-Craft Cavalier 19' Golden Arrow Spec Sheet
1966 Chris-Craft 32' Constellation Spec Sheet
1966 Chris-Craft 30' Constellation Spec Sheet
1970 Chris-Craft 60' Commander Spec Sheet
1970 Chris-Craft 58' Roamer Riviera Spec Sheet
1970 Chris-Craft 38' Constellation Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft 26' Cavalier Custom Cruiser Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft Cavalier 16' Custom Ski Boat Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft Cavalier 28' Futura Spec Sheet
1936 Chris-Craft Water Ways Brochure
1929 Chris-Craft Catalog
1975 Chris-Craft 22' Tournament Fisherman Spec Sheet
1975 Chris-Craft 17' Lancer Spec Sheet
1961 Chris-Craft 25' Cavalier Express and Custom Cruisers Spec Sheet
1961 Chris-Craft 24' Sportsman Spec Sheet
United Marine Sea Skiffs Catalog
River Queen 40' Star Stream Spec Sheet
1935 Chris-Craft Streamline Cruisers Brochure
1966 Chris-Craft Cavalier Crusader Catalog
1966 Chris-Craft Cavalier Catalog
1960 Richardson 31' Sedan Cruiser Spec Sheet
1960 Chris-Craft Sports Boats Catalog
1968 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff Corinthian and Clipper Models Catalog
1968 Chris-Craft Roamer Catalog
1968 Chris-Craft Roamer 41' Regal Spec Sheet
1938 Chris-Craft 26' Single Cabin Cruiser Spec Brochure
1976 Chris-Craft 55' Enclosed Flush Deck Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 47' Flush Deck Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft 30' Cavalier Custom Cruiser 6-Sleeper Spec Sheet
1954 McAllister & Son Marina Brochure
1950 Owens Flagship Catalog
1936 Chris-Craft 23.5' Sea Skiff Spec Sheet
1920 Gar Jr Brochure
1939 Chris-Craft Greatest Boats Brochure
1961 Chris-Craft 25' Cavalier Express Cruiser 2-Sleeper Spec Sheet
1934 Chris-Craft 30' Double Stateroom Cruiser Spec Sheet
1960 Chris-Craft Cavalier Price Schedule
1960 Chris-Craft 32' Commander Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 22' Sportsman Outboard Spec Sheet
1971 Chris-Craft Catalina Brochure
1939 Chris-Craft July 21 Sales Bulletin
1933 Chris-Craft Spec Sheet
1960 Richardson 40' Sedan Cruiser Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff 30' Sports Cruiser Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff 30' Custom Corinthian Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft 17' Ski Boat Spec Sheet
1938 Chris-Craft 24' Sportsman Spec Brochure
1938 Chris-Craft 22' 25' 27' Custom Runabouts Spec Brochure
1938 Chris-Craft 19' Sportsman Spec Brochure
1938 Chris-Craft 19' Custom Runabouts Spec Brochure
1966 Chris-Craft 36' Constellation Spec Sheet
1966 Chris-Craft 33' Sport Fisherman Spec Sheet
1962 Chris-Craft 25' Cavalier Express Cruiser 4-Sleeper Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft 52' Constellation Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft 46' Constellation Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 22' Lancer Spec Sheet
1959 Chris-Craft Roamer Catalog
1959 Chris-Craft Roamer 28' Sportsman Spec Sheet
1936 Chris-Craft 25' Utility Cruiser Spec Sheet
1966 Chris-Craft Roamer Catalog
1966 Chris-Craft Corporation Marketing Plan
1976 Chris-Craft 60' Motor Yacht Layout Ad Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 16' Sportsman Outboard
1939 Chris-Craft Good Times All Climes Ad
1927 Chris Smith & Sons Boat Co Chris-Craft Step in Advance Ad
1946 Chris-Craft Custom Runabout Ad
1927 Chris Smith & Sons Boat Co Chris-Craft Ad
1926 Chris Smith & Sons Boat Company 4 Page Ad
1944 Texaco Marine Products Chris-Craft Sea-Going Ambulance Ad
1937 Chris-Craft Choose Your Itinerary Ad
1932 Chris-Craft Investment Sense Ad
1934 Chris-Craft Cruiser Time Ad
1926 Chris Smith & Sons Boat Co 40 Mile Runabout Ad
1926 Chris Smith & Sons Boat Co Smart Appearing-Staunch Runabout Ad
1928 Chris Smith & Sons Boat Co Chris-Craft Enjoyment Ad
1928 Chris Smith & Sons Boat Co Chris-Craft Runabout Ad
1939 Chris-Craft First in the World Ad
1927 Chris Smith & Sons Boat Co Chris-Craft Winter in Florida Ad
1956 Chris-Craft Showboat Ad
1957 Chris-Craft Hot n Handsome Ad
1938 Chris-Craft Cruise via Chris-Craft Ad
National Cash Register Chris-Craft Ad
1927 Chris Smith & Sons Boat Co Chris-Craft Wins at Miami Ad
1957 Chris-Craft Showboats Ad
1937 Chris-Craft Company Ad
1928 Chris Smith & Sons Boat Co Chris-Craft Live on the Water Ad
1957 Chris-Craft Live the Life You Love Ad
1952 Chris-Craft Boat Kits Ad
1936 Chris-Craft 16' Runabout Ad
1957 Texaco Marine Products Motor Oil Ad
1927 Chris Smith & Sons Boat Co Another Victory Ad
1957 Chris-Craft 21' Sports Boats Ad
1935 Chris-Craft Streamlined Ad
1956 Black & Yates Ilco Philippine Mahogany Ad
Chris-Craft Boat Kit Ad
1926 Chris Smith & Sons Boat Co Chris-Craft for the Florida Season Ad
1932 Chris-Craft Happiness Ad
1937 Chris-Craft Boat Ad
1955 Chris-Craft Freedom Fleet Ad
1928 Chris Smith & Sons Boat Co Chris-Crafting Sport Supreme Ad
1928 Chris Smith & Sons Boat Co Chris-Craft Company Ad
1928 Commerical Credit Companies Chris-Craft Ad
1939 Chris-Craft My Heart Belongs to Chris-Craft Ad
1927 Chris Smith & Sons Boat Co Yacht Tender Ad
Marketing B&W Prints
Mariners' Museum
Waterfront
Rudder
Miami Herald
Flyer Fever
Business Week
Winter 2006 Chris-Craft E-News
Bill Basler

Tom Kenny

Post by Tom Kenny » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:12 pm

Bill I did not get a seperate email from you just the weekly update that I receive like clock work every week, so here is my email - [email protected]

Thanks for all of your hard work and effort, I sure that like most of us you have one or two other things going on in your life besides the work for the club. Thanks again.
Tom Kenny
1961 55' Chris Craft Constellation
Independence - ftkltd.com

doubleboater

online archives

Post by doubleboater » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:54 pm

holy s**t when do you find time to spend time with the wife and kids. just typing the last list would take me all day im a one finger typer. but seriously THANK YOU to ALL THE PEOPLE who help you put together a GREAT webpage and magazine

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:12 pm

If any of you are hanging out on Boat Buzz tonight, you might be interested in checking out the online Archive. I am posting content this evening. A small of it is viewable through the search, but all will not be searchable until I reindex everything later in the evening.

The content is viewable, for the most part, by choosing the "Browse the Archive" feature. I have a glitch on the "Periodicals" section, so stay away from there or you'll get frustrated.

I am posting content in no particular order. The list will update every five minutes or so.
Bill Basler

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:19 pm

We have recently migrated a bunch of the OCRed and metatagged content to the live Archive site.

www.chris-craft.org/archive/

Today we reindexed the entire archive so that, generally speaking (except for some debugging) the archive is searchable. If you want to browse the archive to see what exactly is online, you can follow the "Browse Entire Archive" method. There is a lot here that we posted but, honestly this is about 15% of what we have nearly ready to go online. I am concentrating on the Fall Brass Bell this week, then it will be back to the Archive for me.

Try a few test searches. There is a good cross-section of materials out there but much more to come.
Bill Basler

brush

Update

Post by brush » Mon May 12, 2008 6:42 am

Did these scans ever get finished? Are they available online anywhere? thanks

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Mon May 12, 2008 9:55 pm

Brush:

The above mentioned pieces are available online. Just go to www.chris-craft.org/archive. Enter your user name and password and you should be able to browse or search to the content you are looking for.

The archive will honestly never be done. It is a work in progress. We will have an exciting announcement concerning the Archive in the upcoming Brass Bell.
Bill Basler

brush

advanced search

Post by brush » Tue May 13, 2008 6:39 am

Is there a way to do advanced search. If I want to look for 1953 express cruiser, I think the present result is that all three individual words will turn up. Using a + sign didn't seem to work. Thanks

Big Hig

Hello Bill...Big Hig has a q....

Post by Big Hig » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:45 pm

Hello Bill,

This is Jeff Oppenheimer, friend of Paul and Marge Morris from Des Moines. Great site!

I noticed that in your research, you have some data on your list regarding a Higgins Deluxe Sedan Cruiser. I have the only 1948 26'er we know of....please let me know what you have found. We are lucky that most everything was still on her but there are a few items we need clarification on to be sure on....THX!

Best regards,

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:56 am

Jeff, good to hear from you. The Higgins materials are out on the archive. They are not extensive, nor are they lavishly produced materials, but they may be of some help.

Just go to the archives at www.chris-craft.org/archive and then click the "Browse Entire Archive" link. Once there select "Marketing Literature" link. Under this section, you will find the Higgins materials starting in the late 40s.

Good luck!
Bill Basler

quitchabitchin

Post by quitchabitchin » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:11 pm

I just wanted to say what an incredible site! We just purchased a 1969 17' Cavalier Ski Boat a couple weeks ago and I have learned a ton about it on this site. Before the purchase, I was just a peeping tom on the Boat Buzz forums, but I have joined since. I just can't get over the wealth of knowledge on this site. We will be posting hull registry and photos soon. We plan to restore this ol' classic over the next couple of years and will probably need some advice. We are proud to be members and like the idea of a club sticker or dash plaque to display for all the world to see. Thanks again.

mcisaac inc

Post by mcisaac inc » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:38 am

:D Bill, you definetly get the scanner of the year award for 2008. good job!.................mark

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:20 pm

Thanks for the compliments guys. I am glad the content is being accessed. There is so much more where this came from...10s maybe even 100s of thousands of pages.

Now, what a perfect segue. I am finding that I am not very good at asking for money. I would be a terrible addition to a fundraising team. But the honest truth is that we could really use your help.

As you should have all read by now, we have been very fortunate in that we have won a generous matching grant from the Collector's Foundation.

Bob Knechel, Executive Director of the Collector's Foundation, met with me back in February of 2006. I am happy to say, he was impressed enough with the membership activity and management of this Club, that he met with his Board of Directors, who agreed to award the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club $10,000 by way of a Matching Grant, specifically earmarked for augmentation of our online Archive.

For those of you who are not familiar with what a Matching Grant is, it is exactly what its name implies. This money that is ours, as long as we can match it dollar for dollar with money of our own.

We kicked off this short campaign back in early Summer. As of today, we have taken in $5,532.00. We are over half way there, but we have more work to do!

If we are successful in raising this $10K, this will help us move forward with the Archive at a good pace. We have much more content that needs to be scanned, OCRed, metatagged, and indexed. In short, it is possible that this Archive could triple in size over the next year. As importantly, we are eager to start putting this content into a refined interface, so that it is totally intuitive, and so that we can move away from the current single PDF page format. We know that this is not the way to present this content, and it was never intended to be the final execution.

Now, here's where I become a miserable fund raiser. I know that the economy is terrible. And I have to assume that many of you are feeling the effects of this economy. For this I am sorry. And I know we are also on the front end of the very expensive Christmas season. I feel this pain deeply with 5 kids. Ouch.

But, if...and this is totally voluntary...if you can find it in your household budge to make a donation to the Archive Matching Fund, please do so.

Bob Knechel has been calling me asking whether he will be writing us a check in 2008. I would like to tell him yes! This grant will help all of us, and will help make our very own Chris-Craft Antique Boat Cub Archive the model which other organizations will emulate.

You can donate online via PayPal by visiting the link on our home page at: www.chris-craft.org

We are totally revamping our credit card handling system. If you prefer to make a donation with your credit card, please call me at 319-364-1519. I'd be happy to talk with you about this.

$1.50 a member and we're there! Thank you all.
Bill Basler

drrot

Post by drrot » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:44 am

Bill,
I thought this was a dead issue and we had missed it! Keep us updated on the progress. I'll donate again.
JIM

Don Vogt
Club Executive Team

Post by Don Vogt » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:10 am

Bill, would it be possible somehow when searching to suppress brass bell listings? Sometimes when you want old cc material only, you have to wade through tons of references to the brass bell before you get to old factory material. Thanks.

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:17 am

Don:

This is definitely doable, and is planned as a feature of the final interface. Weeding out Brass Bell instances, and also Trading Dock ads will make the archive easier to deal with.
Bill Basler

Don Vogt
Club Executive Team

Post by Don Vogt » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:32 am

thanks, that would be great. of course, there are times when being able to search those is helpful, too.

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:18 pm

I have been wrestling with which post to add this topic to, as we have two related posts going, one for the Online Archive Matching Challenge Grant: http://www.chris-craft.org/discussion/v ... php?t=2583

And one for discussion of the actual Archive itself. This topic really relates to both. so scroll the list to follow and pick up at the bottom here under the list.

1931 Chris-Craft A New World Ahead Ad
1931 Chris-Craft Home is Where Anchor Drops Ad
1931 Chris-Craft Features Ad
1931 Chris-Craft Golden Hours Ad
1931 Chris-Craft Breaking Popularity Records Ad
1931 Chris-Craft New 18-Footers Ad
1930 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co What a Way to Entertain Ad
1930 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co Come Take a Ride Ad
1930 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co So Nimble Ad
1930 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co Across the Harbor Ad
1930 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co Treasure Chest Ad
1930 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co New 17-Foot Chris-Craft Ad
1930 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co Over the Horizon Ad
1930 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co Roughing It Ad
1930 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co Cast Off Ad
1930 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co No Land Gypsy Ad
1930 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co De Luxe Sedan Ad
1929 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co Triumph Ad
1929 Yacht and Motor Sales Corp Chris-Craft Ad
1929 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co Swift and Smooth Ad
1929 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co Sixteen Models Ad
1929 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co Luxurious Ad
1929 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co Waterways Invite You Ad
1933 Sterling Engine Co Ad
1971 Century Boat Company Price List
1972 Century Boat Company Price List
1940 Chris-Craft Fleet Spread Ad
1940 Paragon Gear Works Inc Ad
1941 Chris-Craft Costs So Little Ad
1941 Chris-Craft Package of Popularity Ad
1941 Chris-Craft New Fleet of Models Ad
1942 Chris-Craft Liberators Courageous Ad
1942 Chris-Craft Excellence in Production Ad
1943 Chris-Craft Buy US War Bonds Ad
1944 Chris-Craft Buy US War Bonds Runabout Ad
1944 Chris-Craft Buy US War Bonds Express Cruiser Ad
1944 Chris-Craft Buy US War Bonds Enclosed Cruiser Ad
1945 Chris-Craft Buy US War Bonds Custom Sportsman Ad
1945 Chris-Craft Buy US War Bonds Express Cruiser Ad
1946 Chris-Craft 27 ft Super Deluxe Enclosed Cruiser Ad
1945 Chris-Craft Coming New Postwar Chris-Crafts Ad
1948 Chris-Craft Motor Car Prices Ad
1948 Chris-Craft Half-Page Ad
1948 Chris-Craft Go Sporty for 40 Ad
1947 Pittsburgh Marine Finishes Ad
1947 Chris-Craft Spread Ad
1947 Chris-Craft Command Your New Chris-Craft Ad
1947 Chris-Craft Half-Page Ad
1947 Chrysler Marine Engine Ad
1944 Chris-Craft Buy US War Bonds Deluxe Cruiser Ad
1950 Chris-Craft For the Time of Your Life Ad
1951 Chris-Craft Take the Wheel Yourself Ad
1952 Chris-Craft Sure Way to Stay Young Ad
1952 Chris-Craft Full Page Ad
1952 Chris-Craft Get Away and Play Full Page Ad
1952 Chris-Craft Get Away and Play Spread Ad
1953 Chris-Craft Command a New 1953 Ad
1953 Chris-Craft What Is It About the Sea Ad
1954 Chris-Craft They're All Showboats Spread Ad
1954 Chris-Craft Showboats for 1954 Ad
1954 Chris-Craft How To Be A Happy Family Ad
1954 Chris-Craft Showboats for 1954 Jr Page Ad
1955 Chris-Craft 29 ft Sedan Cruiser Spec Sheet
1955 Chris-Craft 27 ft Sedan Cruiser with Flying Bridge Spec Sheet
1955 Chris-Craft 29 ft Express Cruiser Spec Sheet
1955 Chris-Craft 37 ft Corvette Spec Sheet
1955 Chris-Craft 37 ft Commander Four Sleeper Spec Sheet
1955 Chris-Craft 37 ft Commander Six Sleeper Spec Sheet
1955 Chris-Craft Poster
1955 Chris-Craft Price Schedule
1955 Chris-Craft Accessories for Factory Installation Price List
1955 Chris-Craft Freedom Fleet Price List
Paragon Service Manual for Hydraulic Reverse Gears
Chris-Craft Factory Setup Manual
Photos
1956 Chris-Craft Equipment Catalog
1959 Chris-Craft Cavalier Price Schedule
1960 Chris-Craft 24 ft Sportsman Spec Sheet
1947 Chris-Craft Full Page Ad
1951 Texaco Marine Motor Oil Ad
1941 Texaco Marine Products Ad
1961 Chris-Craft New Models Ad
1913 Smith-Ryan Baby Reliance II Ad
1913 Smith-Ryan Queen Reliance Ad
1958 Chris-Craft Showboats Ad
1942 Chris-Craft Navy E Burgee Ad
1963 Chris-Craft 38' Sea Skiff Corinthian Ad
1957 Chris-Craft Full-Line Ad
1956 Richardson Full Line Mailer
1986 Chris-Craft Sportboat Price List
1970 Chris-Craft Luxury Cruiser Fleet Price Schedule
1970 Chris-Craft Catalina Fleet Optional Equip Price List
1971 Chris-Craft Luxury Yacht Price Schedule
1969 Chris-Craft Fleet Brochure
1968 Chris-Craft Guide to Fishing Boats Brochure
1966 Chris-Craft Fleet Mailer
1959 Chris-Craft 27 ft Semi Enclosed Cruiser Spec Sheet
1969 Chris-Craft Constellation and Corvette Models Catalog
1974 Chris-Craft 33 ft Sports Sedan Spec Sheet
1955 Chris-Craft 29 ft Sportsman Spec Sheet
1974 Chris-Craft 25 ft Tournament Fisherman Spec Sheet
1955 Chris-Craft 34 ft Capitan Spec Sheet
1970 Chris-Craft Custom Wood Cruisers Catalog
1974 Chris-Craft 23 ft Lancer Spec Sheet
1971 Chris-Craft Sport Boats Catalog
1970 Chris-Craft 19 ft Lancer Spec Sheet
1970 Chris-Craft XK-19 Spec Sheet
1957 Chris-Craft 21 ft Capri and Continental Spec Sheet
1957 Chris-Craft 28 ft Sedan and 30 ft Constellation Spec Brochure
1957 Chris-Craft 33 ft Futura Spec Brochure
1957 Chris-Craft 38 ft Sport Fisherman Spec Brochure
1957 Chris-Craft 38 ft Constellation and Corsair Spec Brochure
1957 Chris-Craft 42 ft Constellation and Corsair Spec Brochure
1957 Chris-Craft Holiday and Continental Spec Brochure
1959 Chris-Craft Accessories Price List
1959 Chris-Craft Full-Line Catalog
1959 Chris-Craft Fleet Brochure
1960 Chris-Craft Sports Boats Accessories Price Sheet
1961 Chris-Craft Fleet Brochure
1961 Chris-Craft Full Line Catalog
1961 Chris-Craft 23 ft Cavalier Express Cruiser Spec Brochure
1959 Chris-Craft 25 ft Cavalier Custom Cruiser Spec Sheet
1961 Chris-Craft 18 ft Continental Spec Sheet
1961 Chris-Craft 19 ft Capri Spec Sheet
1961 Chris-Craft 32 ft Constellation Spec Sheet
1961 Chris-Craft 33 ft Sport Fisherman Spec Sheet
1965 Chris-Craft Full Line Brochure
1965 Chris-Craft Optional Equipment Price List
1964 Chris-Craft Full Line Catalog
1950 Chris-Craft Sales Bulletin
1967 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff Corinthian Price Schedule
1970 Chris-Craft Cruiser Fleet Price Schedule
1970 Chris-Craft Catalina Fleet Price Schedule
1970 Chris-Craft Cruiser Fleet Optional Equipment List
1972 Chris-Craft Sport Boats Brochure
1971 Chris-Craft Full Line Brochure
1970 Chris-Craft 36 ft Futura Salon Spec Sheet
1970 Chris-Craft 22' Cutlass Spec Sheet
1970 Chris-Craft 23' Lancer Premiere Spec Sheet
1970 Chris-Craft 25' Lancer Spec Sheet
1970 Chris-Craft 25' Lancer Sportfisherman Spec Sheet
1970 Chris-Craft 23' Lancer Offshore Spec Sheet
1974 Chris-Craft 16 ft Seasport Spec Sheet
1974 Chris-Craft 17 ft Lancer Spec Sheet
1974 Chris-Craft 19 ft Dolphin Spec Sheet
1974 Chris-Craft 22 ft Tournament Fisherman Spec Sheet
1974 Chris-Craft 25 ft Tournament Fisherman Spec Brochure
1972 Chris-Craft 25 ft Express Cruiser Brochure
1974 Chris-Craft XK-19 Spec Sheet
1974 Chris-Craft XK-18 Jet Spec Sheet
1974 Chris-Craft KX-22 Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft Price Schedule
1977 Chris-Craft Cruiser-Yachts Price Schedule
1977 Chris-Craft 30 ft Commander and Sportsman Brochure
1977 Chris-Craft 33 ft Offshore and Sports Sedan Brochure
1977 Chris-Craft 36 ft Commander Brochure
1977 Chris-Craft 42 ft Commander Brochure
1977 Chris-Craft 45 ft Commander Yacht Brochure
1977 Chris-Craft 41 ft Commander Yacht Brochure
1993 Chris-Craft Full Line Brochure

1927 Gar Wood Baby Gar 28 Brochure
1927 Gar Wood Baby Gar Catalog
1927 Gar Wood Baby Gar Jr Catalog
1929 Gar Wood Baby Gar Flyer
1930 Gar Wood Master Catalog
1931 Gar Wood Baby Gar 50 Catalog
1931 Gar Wood Master Catalog
1932 Chris-Craft 15.5 ft Runabout Hull Parts List
1932 Gar Wood Master Catalog
1935 Gar Wood Master Catalog
1935 Gar Wood Specs-Prices
1936 Gar Wood Master Catalog
1936 Gar Wood Specifications
1937 Chris-Craft Accessory Price Changes Service Bulletin
1937 Chris-Craft Auxiliary Generator Service Bulletin
1937 Chris-Craft Copper Cylinder Heads Service Bulletin
1937 Chris-Craft Marine Finish Service Bulletin
1937 Chris-Craft Model K Engine Service Bulletin
1937 Chris-Craft New Type Hatch Cover Clamps Service Bulletin
1937 Chris-Craft Stainless Steel Fender Rails Service Bulletin
1937 Chris-Craft Surplus Cruiser Covers Service Bulletin
1937 Chris-Craft Top Dressing for Ventilating Cabin Service Bulletin
1937 Gar Wood Master Catalog
1937 Gar Wood Price List
1937 Gar Wood Special Flyer
1937 Gar Wood Specifications
1941 Gar Wood All Purpose Utility Spec Sheet
1941 Gar Wood American Spec Sheet
1941 Gar Wood Aristocrat (Sedan) Spec Sheet
1941 Gar Wood Comet (Utility) Spec Sheet
1941 Gar Wood Commodore Spec Sheet
1941 Gar Wood Commuter Spec Sheet
1941 Gar Wood Overniter Spec Sheet
1941 Gar Wood Royale (Sedan) Spec Sheet
1941 Gar Wood Skipper (Sedan) Spec Sheet
1941 Gar Wood Streamliner Spec Sheet
1941 Gar Wood Vacationer (Utility) Spec Sheet
1950 Chris-Craft Full Line Mailer
1953 Chris-Craft Price Schedule
1954 Chris-Craft Price Schedule
1955 Chris-Craft 56 ft Salon Motor Yacht Price List
1955 Chris-Craft Freedom Fleet with Diesel Power Price List
1957 Chris-Craft Showboats Poster
1957 Montgomery Wards Spring Summer Catalog Pages
1959 Chris-Craft Price Schedule
1965 Chris-Craft Aquahome Brochure
1965 Chris-Craft Roamer Yachts Brochure
1969 Chris-Craft Roamer Yachts Brochure
1976 Mercury Marine Boat House Bulletin
1986 Chris-Craft Fleet Brochure
Chrysler Majestic Instruction and Parts Book
1954 Pre-Production Cobra Prototype Photos
1976 Chris-Craft 41 ft Flush Deck Brochure
1973 Chris-Craft 41 ft Flush Deck Catalog
Eric Horst Bayport Yachts
Post War Chris-Craft Marine Engines Spec Brochure
Post War Chris-Craft Marine Engines Brochure
Chris-Craft 275 hp 430 Marine Engine Ad
Chris-Craft 175 hp MCL Marine Engine Spec Sheet
Motorboating America's No. 1 Engines Ad
Operators Manual Engine Wiring Diagram 5464
1970 Aluma Craft Catalog
1929 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co Go Where You Will Ad
1929 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co Cruiser Luxury Ad
1929 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co Cruiser Ad
1929 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co Come Take a Ride Ad
1929 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co 48 ft New Flagship Ad
1929 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co 38 ft 30 Mile Cruiser Ad
1929 Chris Smith & Sons Boat Co Joyous Outdoor Life Ad
1929 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co Freedom Ad
1929 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co De Luxe Cabin Sedan Ad
1929 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co Aristocrat of the Water Ad
1929 Chris Smith and Sons Boat Co 38 ft Cruiser Ad
Seacraft Pilot Brochure and Supplements
1935 Chris-Craft Power Boating Magazine Page
1934 Chris-Craft Field and Stream Magazine Page
River Queen Catalog
Kings Craft Home Cruisers Catalog
Chris-Craft 19 ft Capri Spec Sheet
Chris-Craft 18 ft Continental Spec Sheet
Chris-Craft 17 ft Sportsman and Runabout Spec Sheet
Chris-Craft 17 ft Ski Boat Spec Sheet
Jafco 25 ft Seamaster Spec Sheet
Flyer Fever Volume I Number 3
Ventor 18 ft Sport Runabout Spec Sheet
Ventnor 23 ft Express Cruiser Spec Sheet
Ventnor 18 ft Deluxe Utility Spec Sheet
Ventnor 16 ft Economy Utility Spec Sheet
Ventnor 16 ft Deluxe Utility Spec Sheet
United Marine Sea Skiffs Catalog
River Queen 40 ft Star Stream Spec Sheet
Marinette 34 ft Cruiser Catalog
Kings Craft Home Cruisers Full Page Ad
Chris-Craft Boat Kit Ad
1957 Texaco Marine Products Motor Oil Ad
1957 Chris-Craft Showboats Ad
1957 Chris-Craft Live the Life You Love Ad
1957 Chris-Craft 21 ft Sports Boats Ad
1956 Chris-Craft Showboat Ad
1956 Black & Yates Ilco Philippine Mahogany Ad
1955 Chris-Craft Freedom Fleet Ad
1952 Chris-Craft Boat Kits Ad
1946 Chris-Craft Custom Runabout Ad
1944 Texaco Marine Products Chris-Craft Sea-Going Ambulance Ad
1939 Chris-Craft My Heart Belongs to Chris-Craft Ad
1939 Chris-Craft Good Times All Climes Ad
1939 Chris-Craft First in the World Ad
1938 Chris-Craft Cruise via Chris-Craft Ad
1937 Chris-Craft Company Ad
1937 Chris-Craft Choose Your Itinerary Ad
1937 Chris-Craft Boat Ad
1936 Chris-Craft 16 ft Runabout Ad
1935 Chris-Craft Streamlined Ad
1934 Chris-Craft Cruiser Time Ad
1932 Chris-Craft Investment Sense Ad
1932 Chris-Craft Happiness Ad
1928 Commerical Credit Companies Chris-Craft Ad
1928 Chris Smith & Sons Boat Co Chris-Crafting Sport Supreme Ad
1928 Chris Smith & Sons Boat Co Chris-Craft Runabout Ad
1928 Chris Smith & Sons Boat Co Chris-Craft Live on the Water Ad
1928 Chris Smith & Sons Boat Co Chris-Craft Enjoyment Ad
1928 Chris Smith & Sons Boat Co Chris-Craft Company Ad
1972 Sea Ray Catalog
1972 Lyman 35 ft Express Cruiser Spec Sheet
1972 Lyman 26 ft Boats Spec Sheet
1971 Kings Craft Price List
1976 Chris-Craft 60 ft Motor Yacht Layout Ad Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 55 ft Enclosed Flush Deck Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 47 ft Flush Deck Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 45 ft Flush Deck Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 33 ft Sports Sedan Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 30 ft Tournament Fisherman Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 25 ft Tournament Fisherman Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 23 ft Lancer Transdrive Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 23 ft Lancer Overnighter Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 23 ft Lancer Inboard Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 22 ft Tournament Fisherman Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 22 ft Sportsman Outboard Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 22 ft Lancer Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 20 ft Tournament Fisherman Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 20 ft Sportsman Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 17 ft Lancer Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 16 ft Sportsman Outboard
1976 Chris-Craft 6.9 Meter XK Spec Sheet
1976 Chris-Craft 5.4 Metre XK Spec Sheet
1975 Chris-Craft 33 ft Sport Sedan Spec Sheet
1975 Chris-Craft 23 ft Lancer Inboard Spec Sheet
1975 Chris-Craft 22 ft Tournament Fisherman Spec Sheet
1975 Chris-Craft 17 ft Lancer Spec Sheet
1973 Chris-Craft Price Schedule
1980 Chris-Craft Sportboat Price Schedule
1980 Chris-Craft Cruiser Price Schedule
1979 Chris-Craft 28 ft Catalina Models 280-281 Spec Sheet
1966 Chris-Craft Cavalier Crusader Price Schedule
1966 Chris-Craft Cavalier Crusader Optional Equip Price List
1966 Chris-Craft 45 ft Constellation Spec Sheet
1966 Chris-Craft 37 ft Constellation Spec Sheet
1966 Chris-Craft 36 ft Constellation Spec Sheet
1966 Chris-Craft 33 ft Sport Fisherman Spec Sheet
1966 Chris-Craft 32 ft Constellation Spec Sheet
1966 Chris-Craft 30 ft Constellation Spec Sheet
1966 Chris-Craft 27 ft Commander Sports Express Spec Sheet
1964 Chris-Craft Sea Skiff 35 ft Custom Corinthian Holiday Harbor Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft Roamer 44 ft Riviera Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft Cavalier 35 ft Custom Yacht Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft Cavalier 31 ft Futura 6-Sleeper Cruiser Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft Cavalier 28 ft Futura Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft Cavalier 26 ft Futura 4-Sleeper Cruiser Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft Cavalier 24 ft Fiesta 4-Sleeper Cruiser Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft Cavalier 19 ft Golden Arrow Stern Drive Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft Cavalier 19 ft Golden Arrow Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft Cavalier 16 ft Custom Ski Boat Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft 57 ft Constellation Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft 52 ft Constellation Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft 60 ft Motor Yacht Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft 42 ft Constellation Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft 42 ft Conqueror Spec Sheet
1963 Chris-Craft 37 ft Tri Cabin Constellation Spec Sheet
Winter 2006 Chris-Craft E-News
1957 Chris-Craft Hot n Handsome Ad

The listing of titles above is a small sampling of what is to be added to the Archive in upcoming weeks/months. As you can see from this listing there is much work that has been done in the past several months to add to the Archive content, even while we wait impatiently for us to reach the Matching Grant Funds goal of $10,000.

Today, we are at $6,232, just over 60% of our goal of $10,000. For those who may not be aware, please read this post http://www.chris-craft.org/discussion/v ... php?t=2583 then come back to this one.

The short of it is that the Club has been awarded a sizable $10,000 grant from the Collectors Foundation, http://www.collectorsfoundation.org/.

This $10,000 is nothing to sneeze at—if we are successful in meeting the goal of raising $10,000 of our own, the money is ours, plain and simple. There is no longer a deadline on when the funds need to be secured. We now have the go-ahead to dip into 2009 if that is what it takes. But, (and this is a big one) once we reach our goal and meet the conditions laid forth in the Grant approval letter, the Collectors Foundation has agreed to look at their budgets, and consider us again for upcoming years. So, in short, the sooner we can meet this challenge, the sooner our name goes into the hat.

What does this mean? If we are not successful in meeting this challenge will development of the Archive cease? Of course not. It is too valuable of a resource to let wither and die. But, speaking honestly, this Club has limited staff resources, and big projects such as this take an enormous amount of time to bring to life. Projects are approached as staff resources or funds allow.

If we are successful in bring this funding in, it will bring these very important projects long at a much quicker pace.

If you are able, please consider a donation. It's too good of an opportunity to let pass by.

After the scanning of marketing materials is complete, we will start in on engine manuals, transmission manuals, Dealer materials, and so on. We have just scratched the tip of the iceberg here with much more to come.

There is a link on our Club homepage with instruction on how to donate: www.chris-craft.org

Thank a you all.
Bill Basler

57 chris

Post by 57 chris » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:50 am

Bill,
First, Happy New Year. Next, I can't begin to tell you what a fantastic job you are doing to preserve and support the antique and classic boating sport. Your efforts are greatly appreciated by this relative newbie as well as lots of others I'm sure! It's effort like yours that will take this sport a long way and continue to enlighten and educate the antique and classic community.
1957 18' SeaSkiff #SK 18675 "Knot Sure!"
1958 18' SeaSkiff #SK18722 "Wreckreation"

Past projects: 1972 19' Lancer with 307 Volvo drive-Great Blue, 1968 23' Lancer Offshore with 283 Volvo drive-Narwahl
1988 FourWinns 245 Vista - Blue Ayes.

It's good to have wood!