Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Welcome Vintage Glass Members

Every so often the executives of The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club will pose a question asking for your thoughts. Or maybe you have something that you would like to share with us. Step up on the soap box here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Bill Basler

Welcome Vintage Glass Members

Post by Bill Basler » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:18 pm

All, in the past two days, we have had two new members join our club and Boat Buzz, ironically both with Chris-Craft XK 19s. Originally introduced as the Super Sport in 1969, the name was later changed to the XK 19 from 1970 through about 1974.

Our first new member and XK 19 owner hails from the Virgin Islands, and goes by the Boat Buzz name, xk19

Our second new member is Peter van der Hoeven from Stockholm, Sweden. Peter is quite an XK enthusiast who has a good restoration business and a very nicely done web site at: http://www.xk19.com/. Peter goes by the Boat Buzz name Peter XK 19.

I am really excited to have these new members with us and I am looking forward to learning from them.
Last edited by Bill Basler on Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Basler

Al Benton
Club Executive Team

Post by Al Benton » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:20 am

Welcome, XK19 owners. We look foward to seeing some posts from your parts of the world.

My former boss goes sailing in The Vervin Islands occasionally. All I get to see are the photos though. What a great place to live. I have an old client that I hear from now and then from the Caymen Islands. With Hurricane Ernesto on its way I'm glad I'm not there.

Very nice web site, Peter. Now you need to add www.chris-craft.org to your links list. I visit www.FiberGlassics.com as well. That's a fun group of boaters. We have a '56 Glasspar Club Lido. My Chris Craft is a '60 27' Constellation. Your XK19's are great.

Al

THE RAZZ

hot! hot! hot!

Post by THE RAZZ » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:29 pm

Peter,
Great boats!!! The action shots are fantastic. Its hard to imagine the roll in one and wake jumping in another. I've just added the XK-19 to my must have wish list. RE the project boat, where do you expect the project budget to go in US $ ? Thanks for the link to the web page information and pictures. Terrific! JerryT

Peter XK19

Thanks

Post by Peter XK19 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:12 am

Hey everybody, thanks for your wellcoming!

Im looking 4ward to som "buzzing" here.

Peter :)

Wood Commander

Post by Wood Commander » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:14 am

Hello Peter. Great looking boat! I used to own a 19' Chris Craft Lancer with a 185 hp 283 FLV and a Volvo 280 outdrive. The Lancer hulls were the bases used to make the XK's.
Besides my woody cruiser, I am also trying to find time to work on my "new" project, a 23' Lancer with a 200 hp 307 Q and a Volvo 250 out drive.
What engine and drive do you have in your boat? I am trying to find a Volvo guru that I can discuss drive ratios, bell housing mounts, year to year and model and component interchangeability with.
I just picked up a Chevy 400 core for the boat. If it checks out at the machine shop it will become the new engine for the Lancer. But it will require some chllenging engineering in getting it internally balanced and changing over some of the Q components to more standard Chevy type workings. Or I may end up making the installation more like an F style application.
Anyway, its always good to talk to another enthusiast!
Bret

1953 35' Commander "Adonis III"

1970 23' lancer project

THE RAZZ

Post by THE RAZZ » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:40 am

Peter,
Just a short follow up. I've lusted for a 22' Shelby Donzi until I saw your XK 19. Wow!

Searching Google, E bay an other places having no luck so far trying to find one of the 275 1974 XK-19s yet.

The SS XK-19 could be my answer for a boat to run on San Francisco Bay shooting from Oakland to Sausalito/Tiburon for Sunday morning coffee from time to time. Stay in touch with information and outings with your wonderful CC. Cheers, JerryTImage

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:42 am

I have split this topic. The introduction was perfect under "From the Club". Now that were all talking XK 19s, I moved those threads to "Odds & Ends".
Bill Basler

Peter XK19

Post by Peter XK19 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:01 am

Why not have a separate forum for vintage glass?

Just an idea.

:idea: