Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

2018 Board of Directors Election - Biographies of Nominees

Every so often the executives of The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club will pose a question asking for your thoughts. Or maybe you have something that you would like to share with us. Step up on the soap box here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

tkhersom

2018 Board of Directors Election - Biographies of Nominees

Post by tkhersom » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:41 am

The 2018 Election of Directors begins November 25th, 2018 and ends on December 10th, 2018. Our Nominating Committee submitted the following names to be considered by our members for serving 2-year terms as Directors of the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club.

- Greg Nieberding (New)
- Richard "Scott" Ockerlund, Jr. (New)
- Scott Ramsey (New)

Those elected will begin their tenure on January 1st, 2019 and will be expected to serve until December 31st, 2020.

Your 2018 Board of Directors are as follows:

Troy Hersom - Resigning BOD 12/31/2018 - Presently serving out appointed term as President
Dr. J. Lawrance Jamieson - Term expires 12/31/2018 - Presently serving as Vice President and Director of Membership
Steve Griffitts - Presently serving as Managing Editor of The Brass Bell
Paul Pletcher - Term expires 12-31-2019
Donald R. Ploetner II - Term expires 12/31/2018 - Presently serving as Director of Advertising
Robert "Bob" Kays - Term expires 12/31/2019
Allen Mackin - Term expires 12/31/2019

Patricia (Pat) Baldwin is not a board member, but is serving as Secretary.

Jack Schneiberg is not a board member, but is serving as Treasurer.

Biographies of Nominees: In alphabetical order as they appear on the Official Ballet:

Greg Nieberding:

I appreciate being asked to serve on the board of CCABC.

I have been a member of CCABC since 2008 and a member of ACBS since 2012. I have owned a Chris Craft Roamer Regal cruiser here in Texas since 2008. I enjoyed many years growing up on my family’s Chris Craft cruiser on the Ohio River in Cincinnati.

I own 2 companies in Dallas, Texas. One of them is Digital 3 Printing LLC and for the past 6 years we have been proud to be the printer of the Club’s signature publication, The Brass Bell. I also invented the world’s only safety harness for lap babies on airplanes and I manufacture that with my other business. I also serve on the boards of 3 nonprofits in Dallas dealing with abused children, homeless veterans and women in Africa.

In my “spare” time, I enjoy working on my 2 1960’s luxury cars (1967 Cadillac Eldorado and 1964 Imperial Crown convertible) in addition to the Chris Craft.

I believe the mission of the CCABC is important to the future of recreational boating, and appreciate the chance to help.

Greg

Richard "Scott" Ockerlund, Jr.:

Hello Chris Craft Antique Boat Club,

My name is R. "Scott" Ockerlund, Jr. I currently live in New Orleans, LA with my wife Emily and newborn son, Scotty (III). I am 34 years old, work in sales and just completed my MBA. and love boating.

In my professional career, I have been successful helping companies grow their business. In 2008, I helped a "start-up" freight broker, Coyote Logistics, develop their refrigerated carrier division. Coyote was later acquired by UPS in 2016. In 2010, I left Coyote Logistics to move near my wife's family in New Orleans. I transitioned to medical device sales for a German company, Biotronik, looking to grow their US market share. I help grow the New Orleans gulf coast territory from <1% market share to >20% market share in 4 years. I enjoy developing lasting relationships with customers, mentoring new hires, and launching new products. I went back to school to earn my MBA in pursuit of a leadership position with Biotronik in the future.

I grew up in Wheaton, Il and spent most of my summers in Ludington, Michigan at my family's lake house on Hamlin Lake (About 90 miles from the old Chris Craft facility in Cadillac, MI). My wife and I make the trip back to Hamlin Lake every summer to visit family and friends. I can not wait to fire up the antique Chris-Craft's once we get there with my Grandpa. I have always been in love with boating. As a kid, I would sit in my grandfather's boat hanging in his boathouse, dreaming of the day I would be able to drive it. I became an avid slalom skier and would spend most mornings on Hamlin Lake in the slalom course behind a Ski Nautique. The power and precision of an inboard engine blew me away. In the 1990's, my grandfather bought a 1959 Century Resorter 16ft. The sound of the exhaust pipes and the feeling of the waves on the wood hull for the first time is a memory I have never forgotten. Since then, my grandfather purchased a 1955 Chris Craft Sportsman 17ft and 1960 Chris Craft Capri 19ft. All three boats still remain in family possession on Hamlin Lake.

The tradition, beauty, craftsmanship, and style of Chris- Craft antique boats drew me to subscribe to "The Brass Bell," where I found that the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club is looking to fill a position on its board of directors. I believe my experience developing new businesses, education, and a love for boating will be an asset to the CCABC. As a member of the board of directors for the CCABC, I hope to promote the tradition of owning Chris-Craft antique boats to future generations.

Kind Regards,
Scott

Scott Ramsey:

Thanks for considering me as a nominee for the board. I live in Toledo, Ohio with my wife and our two
teenage children… and our obnoxious wiener-dog. Our family operates Ramsey Brothers Restorations
and the Dart Boat Company, as well as the Toledo Antique &amp; Classic Boat Show. Our passion is for
quality restoration work and making our industry/hobby sustainable and appealing to younger
generations and individuals who haven’t experienced classic boats.

Outside of boating, our immediate family enjoys restoring historic homes, distance running, and being
involved in church and community activities.

I look forward to being involved and hope that I can add some value to what is already a great
organization.

Scott
Last edited by tkhersom on Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Troy in ANE - Former President CCABC

1957 CC 21' Continental "Yorktown" (Mom's boat)
https://www.chris-craft.org/boats/22625/
1985 Formula 242LS "Gottago"
1991 Formula 36PC "Band Aids"

Life Is Too Short To Own An Ugly Boat

drrot

Re: 2018 Board of Directors Election - Biographies of Nominees

Post by drrot » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:46 am

Looks like Scott Ramsey was speechless

tkhersom

Re: 2018 Board of Directors Election - Biographies of Nominees

Post by tkhersom » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:48 pm

DrRot: Scott has now found his voice.
Troy in ANE - Former President CCABC

1957 CC 21' Continental "Yorktown" (Mom's boat)
https://www.chris-craft.org/boats/22625/
1985 Formula 242LS "Gottago"
1991 Formula 36PC "Band Aids"

Life Is Too Short To Own An Ugly Boat