Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Lu Lu Where Are You?

Every so often the executives of The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club will pose a question asking for your thoughts. Or maybe you have something that you would like to share with us. Step up on the soap box here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton

Bill Basler

Lu Lu Where Are You?

Post by Bill Basler » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:56 am

All:
This email came in yesterday from a non-member. Interesting request, maybe someone out there can help.

++++++++++

Hi there,

My family has been vacationing on Crooked Lake, Michigan for decades. In the 40's (I believe) my Uncle Norman piloted a boat called the Lu Lu, which I believe is still on the lake (we found her in a boat house while on a walking tour).

I would love to surprise my family with knowledge of her whereabouts - is there any way to find out if any of your members owns Lu Lu?

Many thanks for any help you can give.

Gini Lawson

+++++++
If any of you can shed some light on this boat, please post on Boat Buzz or get ahold of me. I will forward anything we can come up with to the inquiring party.
Bill Basler

ed laning

Lu-Lu

Post by ed laning » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:48 am

I thought I remembered seeing Lu-Lu on Crooked Lake some years back. I already had plans to do some cruising of the Michigan Inland Waterway this past weekend when this request was posted. Crooked Lake is one of the lakes that make up this waterway and it seemed a fun idea to watch for Lu-Lu at one of the many private cottage docks, boathouses and marinas. But, no luck though. While I saw several classic wood boats and asked a couple people of Lu-Lu I found no clues as to the where-abouts. Ed
1978 22' CC Dory outboard

Bill Basler

Post by Bill Basler » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:55 am

Ed, thanks for trying. I will wait a bit longer for any other repsonses then get back to the original inquirer.
Bill Basler