Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

TRAILER

If it doesn't pertain to metal, wood, wire or fabric—but it is about vintage Chris-Crafts, ask your question or give your advice here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

jlgsail

TRAILER

Post by jlgsail » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:02 pm

Looking for a trailer for my "51 Chris Craft 18 Foot Riviera. Would prefer a two axial used unit in fairly good condition that I can tow back to Los Angeles and would prefer a unit located on the west coast. I am still working on restoring the boat and in no immediate rush.

Matt Smith

Re: TRAILER

Post by Matt Smith » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:52 am

You can rent a flatbead from Uhaul and put it on a cradle. Borrow a trailer to tow it. Then when you are done restoring it, get a new trailer. The trailer you buy now will sit, and be a waste. If you need something for it to sit on in your shop. Classic Boat Connection has some great rolling cradles. And saves a ton of space and hell moving the boat around
1948 25' Chris Craft Sportsman
1937 16' Special Racer
1968 40' Rice Trawler
1968 11' Crab Skiff
2018 Hole in my head

WoodyBoater.com

jlgsail

Re: TRAILER

Post by jlgsail » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:04 pm

Hi Matt, Thank you for your response. I guess my ad was confusing, the boat is currently on a cart now as it is being restored.
I am looking for a trailer for when the restoration is complete and then I want to move it onto a trailer from the cart.