Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Needing sage advice

If it doesn't pertain to metal, wood, wire or fabric—but it is about vintage Chris-Crafts, ask your question or give your advice here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

rpccc43

Needing sage advice

Post by rpccc43 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:01 pm

Greetings all,
It is with mixed emotions I post this post out but it needs to be done. A confluence of life challenges and opportunities has put me in a position where I need wind down my renovation efforts on my 1965 Chris Craft Constellation. I have been chipping away at it for a decade now and with a few more hours the hull will be sea worthy. I need to sell this as is where is and relatively quickly but have no clue on what price to put on it. I realize that the sum of her parts is likely more than the whole but I really would like to see her float again and not parted out. Ten years ago she surveyed at $26K but that was when people were still interested in big cruisers. I’m not interested in paying for another survey. If anyone has any thoughts please share them in the forum or PM me. If anyone is or knows someone who might be interested in picking up where I left off, PM me and I can give you a detailed rundown of what’s been done and what’s needed to complete. I will be in the States a couple of more years and will support any purchaser with my knowledge, or if local, hands on time. I think I attached a photo but I don't see it in preview. Thank you. ~ Randman

tkhersom

Re: Needing sage advice

Post by tkhersom » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:37 am

Good luck!

Unfortunately the picture did not come thru.

We will need a LOT more information if we are going to be of any assistance. :D

BTW: It took me about 3 years to get our 38' Connie to her her new steward.
Troy in ANE - Former President CCABC

1957 CC 21' Continental "Yorktown" (Mom's boat)
https://www.chris-craft.org/boats/22625/
1985 Formula 242LS "Gottago"
1991 Formula 36PC "Band Aids"

Life Is Too Short To Own An Ugly Boat

rpccc43

Post by rpccc43 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:23 am

Thanks,

Cant seem to get a photo on here, not sure if it's me or I.E. Quick summary of current status. Hull completely repaired and refinished, all structural and deck rot taken care of including rebuilding the lower transom, front cabin completely refinished and new upholstery, main cabin mostly refinished, windows rebuilt, leaks abated. Aft cabin mostly refinished. 90% of the chrome re-plated. New covering boards in progress. Engines; one in the boat, ran when she was put in dry dock. Bottom repairs done except for one plank, in progress. Port engine out of the boat but cylinders bored and honed awaiting rebuilding, cam shaft re-machined to CC specs, both transmissions, carbs and fuel pumps rebuilt. Has 2 additional engines for parts. Prop struts need backer plates reinforced and it will need new fuel tanks. There's more of course and I'll have a complete list for anyone with some interest. As you can probably tell I'm not an engine/running gear guy otherwise she'd be floating now. IF I can every figure out how to post a photo (used to all the time but for some reason can't now), I'll put some up as I know they'll tell the story better. Honestly I'm thinking of an absurd price just to move it as I cant' wait 3 years!! ~ Randman

matthew.smith

Post by matthew.smith » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:51 am

See the attachment in orange at lover bottom next to options. Click that, Make sure the photo file is not to large, it will reject it and not tell you. Look forward to seeing it
Woody Boater
1948 CC 25' Sportsman - WECATCHEM
1937 CC 16' Special Racer - Stinky
1968 Rice 40 - Trawler - Sweet Pea

rpccc43

Got it! It’s listed on craigslist for 9K.

Post by rpccc43 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:24 am

DD2897B4-099E-4BAA-B281-2E43A1FF8F5D.jpeg

rpccc43

Post by rpccc43 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:07 pm

Listed on Craigslist for $9K if you or anyone you know might be interested look on CL Rochester, NY