Active Active   Unanswered Unanswered

Donation for Chris Craft Lovers

If it doesn't pertain to metal, wood, wire or fabric—but it is about vintage Chris-Crafts, ask your question or give your advice here.

Moderators: Don Ayers, Al Benton, Don Vogt

CRUSADER68

Donation for Chris Craft Lovers

Post by CRUSADER68 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:19 pm

We bought a 1963 CC Connie which was born in Chattanooga and lived its entire life near Clayton NY on the St Lawerence Seaway in 2014. I have always loved the look of this model when I was in high school and upon retiring to a part time job near Lake Norman in North Carolina I bought her and brought her here to the lake. She is totally original, good bones and needed TLC.
I spent a lot of time under her and completing that varnishing. About a year ago my wife's arthritis has taken over and we can no longer enjoy her like we planned. But no buyers to be had. No offers at any price. Does the antique club offer a way to make sure she gets a good home? Thanks for helping me find a home for her and someone who appreciates one of the very few left.

Captain Nemo

Re: Donation for Chris Craft Lovers

Post by Captain Nemo » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:36 pm

Sorry to hear of your wife’s troubles. I would start by listing it here on the trading dock. You may find an interested party here.
We all would like to see it find a new home.
Boats are to be made of wood, otherwise, God would have grown fiberglass trees.

Matt Smith

Post by Matt Smith » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:16 pm

This is a very common problem. Market them here on the trading dock, and maybe ebay to get the word out. Ebay creates awarness. And people do look, right now, sadly cruisers are sold on a value scale, people want perfection for not much. They are scared of the bottoms and engines. I would talk about those. Modern Power? Bottom refastened? Also understand that shipping can cost thousands for someone out of your area. A quick search on Google and I see many of them for sale. Including a time capsule perfect one in Ontario for 34K. My guess, is 5-9K is the sell price to the right person. Now ya just gotta find that right person. Good luck. Matt
1948 25' Chris Craft Sportsman
1937 16' Special Racer
1968 40' Rice Trawler
1968 11' Crab Skiff
2018 Hole in my head

WoodyBoater.com

jfrprops

Post by jfrprops » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:20 pm

Like Matt I sort of missed the fact that this is a 4 year old posted question...so the solution has likely been found....but I had to sell one for a buck....zero market for those lovely old cruisers.....sad but true.
John in Va.
1980 Fairchild Scout 30
19?? custom Argentine Runabout 16'
1954 Whirlwind deluxe dual ckpt 16'
1921 Old Town Charles River 17' (founding Captain, James River Batteau Festival)